It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:27:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 18. Jul 2021 9:15:49 

I test Fly my Heli with GeoLink equipped, now is everything setup and the functions I choose,
Now the problem is that sometimes the GeoLink function’s work’s, and sometimes not
Works. I connected to the PC and when I activate ( Transmitter) the Functions, I see on the Diagnostic Window that it’s activated, and on the GeoLink Window Function the same. When it was working, I see that the Heli by reaching the pre-programmed minimum altitude , it was starting to pumping, Instead to go straight up .

PostPosted: Wed 21. Jul 2021 8:31:34 

Hi, yesterday I do some Testflights I observed that the Heli without GeoLink the function “Automatic Rescue” when he Rescue the Heli the duration time is too short maybe half second, I was trying to compensate this with more Pitch , but the Tail cannot compensate the Torque. Also where I can adjust that the Rescue time for at least 1 Second, I don’t found nothing in the software. Also the electronic not compensate the level of the Heli.
Also I not try to Test the Auto Rescue in inverted, because in normal position not works correctly. Also it needs minimum 10 Meters in the setup to start working?

The Heli with the GeoLink, the function “Auto Rescue” is very similar but at the same time dangerous, because in the Rescue phase, the electronic not compensate the level and the energetic of the Heli too, also its like a jumping ball, I would add to this function follow after Auto Rescue something similar to the function Stabilisation normal.
The Position Hold works perfect even alone I can move the pitch with the transmitter stick, but if I added it with the Altitude Hold, the Heli goes down doesn’t matter with Pitch control or Pitch Fixed ( No reaction of the Pitch stick movements). The programming Home Position by switch from the Transmitter doesn’t work. Also Led from the "GT" not goes of, by activating with the switch.

Also why it's not possible to change the Flight Style with GeoLink ???

It would be very nice, if someone from the support answer.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Jul 2021 9:09:31 
Site Admin

Hello,

Automatic Rescue and Altitude Limit should work in the way it will start ascending when you are under configured limit.
If helicopter will reach this level, it will give you full control so you can immediately fly to make this transition as easy as possible.
If you are giving negative pitch all the time, helicopter will again go down.

If it is not level, it mean that all modes, including Rescue function will work incorrectly for you.
It is very important to resolve this issue.

Here you can find solution:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ise_Rescue

I am afraid, but some basic setup is probably still not good. This could be explained by Altitude Hold not working.
Here I recommend to verify 3 things. Go to Servo tab and enable Subtrim (tuning).

1) All servo arm must go to the center position - as close as possible. Any visible deflection is wrong.
2) At the same time swashplate must be perfectly level - here swashplate leveler is great for verification.
3) And at the same time there must be zero pitch between main blades.

Can you please verify all these 3 points?

Have you tried to enable Altitude Hold in high altitude? For example at 30 meters and observe what model is doing.

But first, before any try it is important that Rescue mode and Altitude Limit is working that model is leveled perfectly precisely during climbing.

You can configure Flight Style without any problem with GeoLink. There is no difference or connection to GeoLink and Flight Style.

Regarding Return To Home programming, it is possible that your channel value is not good. And programming is not enabled at all.
You can verify this by opening Spirit Settings and observing GeoLink window / Aid Tab. Here you have to see Programming in Return To Home when you change switch position.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Jul 2021 15:38:43 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Automatic Rescue and Altitude Limit should work in the way it will start ascending when you are under configured limit.
If helicopter will reach this level, it will give you full control so you can immediately fly to make this transition as easy as possible.

If it is not level, it mean that all modes, including Rescue function will work incorrectly for you.

I am afraid, but some basic setup is probably still not good. This could be explained by Altitude Hold not working.
Here I recommend to verify 3 things. Go to Servo tab and enable Subtrim (tuning).

1) All servo arm must go to the center position - as close as possible. Any visible deflection is wrong.
2) At the same time swashplate must be perfectly level - here swashplate leveler is great for verification.

Have you tried to enable Altitude Hold in high altitude? For example at 30 meters and observe what model is doing.

But first, before any try it is important that Rescue mode and Altitude Limit is working that model is leveled perfectly precisely during climbing.

You can configure Flight Style without any problem with GeoLink. There is no difference or connection to GeoLink and Flight Style.

Regarding Return To Home programming, it is possible that your channel value is not good. And programming is not enabled at all.
You can verify this by opening Spirit Settings and observing GeoLink window / Aid Tab. Here you have to see Programming in Return To Home when you change switch position.

Hi thanks for the answer,

If helicopter reaches this level, it will give you full control so you can immediately fly to make this transition as easy as possible.

My answer: Therefore as I mention before the Rescue function must be around during 1-2 Second,
Because the Rescue function lift the Heli only few Meters, even if you put 15º Positive Pitch.

My answer: Yes but I already I write you nearly three weeks ago, that all my Helis are 100% Mechanical setup, 180ª = 0º Pitch 12,5+ and 12,5 – , no Tracking at the Blades.

My answer: Yes in every Altitude, but there is an Altitude Bug for sure .

My answer: Now after three weeks looks that you not read my problems, I mention that the Heli make the function “ Position Hold 100%” also why when I add the altitude function not works and the Heli,goes down
without control, doesn’t matter with Pitch control or Pitch fix.

My answer: Please show me , because the point I cannot move it in the Software, on the GT with GeoLink.

My answer: I already mention before that I see on the GeoLink Aid Tab switch ( Channel works) but on the GT no, and in case that the channel value is not good, why I see it on the software working when I switch in the Transmitter. Why you not up to date a little bit the Manual, even the Port using on the GT for the GeoLink is not stated there.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu 22. Jul 2021 8:02:53 
Site Admin

Quote:
Therefore as I mention before the Rescue function must be around during 1-2 Second,
Because the Rescue function lift the Heli only few Meters, even if you put 15º Positive Pitch.

It is enough to set around 60 - 80% for pitch. The model should ascend always to configured altitude.

Quote:
Yes but I already I write you nearly three weeks ago, that all my Helis are 100% Mechanical setup, 180ª = 0º Pitch 12,5+ and 12,5 – , no Tracking at the Blades

This does not mean your setup is correct unfortunately. You can achieve these settings even with a wrong steps. Can you please verify that all 3 particular steps are correct?

Quote:

Please note, Altitude Limit and Altitude Hold function is there for over 2 years. People are using it daily. We only have to find what problem is in your configuration. I think it is related to zero pitch degree configuration which could be also related to the previous question. You can find videos on YouTube how it is working. I am sure it will work also for you.

Quote:
Please show me , because the point I cannot move it in the Software, on the GT with GeoLink.

Here you can see my attachment. GeoLink enabled with Spirit GT and Flight Style is configured, even for 3 banks. I guess you assigned P: Flight Style in the Channels window but you forgot about it. Now it is always overwritten with channel value. It seems you are trying to configure too much things. It is important to understand first how each particular thing is working before configuring everything and then thinking it is bug.

Quote:
I already mention before that I see on the GeoLink Aid Tab switch ( Channel works) but on the GT no, and in case that the channel value is not good, why I see it on the software working when I switch in the Transmitter. Why you not up to date a little bit the Manual, even the Port using on the GT for the GeoLink is not stated there.

It is important that in the Channels window you will see 2 or 3 mode for Return to Home. Function 2 is programming for all 3 banks, while function 3 is programming only single, selected bank.
We are updating manual each day, it is not easy to do it immediately, because there are many, many pages in multiple languages. And people are asking questions for whole day or they are very impatient for products to ship. We are working 16 hours each day. Unfortunately it can't be faster. At the same time we are preparing new products and new firmwares.

Attachments:
flight-style2.png
flight-style2.png [ 91.96 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]
flight-style1.png
flight-style1.png [ 92.18 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]
flight-style.png
flight-style.png [ 95.96 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 25. Jul 2021 9:50:00 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Quote:
Therefore as I mention before the Rescue function must be around during 1-2 Second,

It is enough to set around 60 - 80% for pitch. The model should ascend always to configured altitude.

Quote:
Yes but I already I write you nearly three weeks ago, that all my Helis are 100% Mechanical setup, 180ª = 0º Pitch 12,5+ and 12,5 – , no Tracking at the Blades

This does not mean your setup is correct unfortunately. You can achieve these settings even with a wrong steps. Can you please verify that all 3 particular steps are correct?

Quote:

Please note, Altitude Limit and Altitude Hold function is there for over 2 years. People are using it daily. We only have to find what problem is in your configuration. I think it is related to zero pitch degree configuration which could be also related to the previous question. You can find videos on YouTube how it is working. I am sure it will work also for you.

Quote:
Please show me , because the point I cannot move it in the Software, on the GT with GeoLink.

Here you can see my attachment. GeoLink enabled with Spirit GT and Flight Style is configured, even for 3 banks. I guess you assigned P: Flight Style in the Channels window but you forgot about it. Now it is always overwritten with channel value. It seems you are trying to configure too much things. It is important to understand first how each particular thing is working before configuring everything and then thinking it is bug.

Quote:
I already mention before that I see on the GeoLink Aid Tab switch ( Channel works) but on the GT no, and in case that the channel value is not good, why I see it on the software working when I switch in the Transmitter. Why you not up to date a little bit the Manual, even the Port using on the GT for the GeoLink is not stated there.

It is important that in the Channels window you will see 2 or 3 mode for Return to Home. Function 2 is programming for all 3 banks, while function 3 is programming only single, selected bank.
We are updating manual each day, it is not easy to do it immediately, because there are many, many pages in multiple languages. And people are asking questions for whole day or they are very impatient for products to ship. We are working 16 hours each day. Unfortunately it can't be faster. At the same time we are preparing new products and new firmwares.

Quote:

My answer: That’s means if the configured altitude is 8 meters, that the Heli in case falls to aprox. 3 meters over the ground , and after that ascend only to the 8 meters?

Quote:

My answer: : I mention now for 5-6 times that the Technicall Setup of the Heli is 100%.

Quote:

My answer: Also with GeoLink your answer is not Logical, because when a Heli Flight perfect,
That’s mean enough Pitch to ascent ect. Then when is the Function Altitude Hold active, the GeoLink receive the info from the Pressure Sensor or and from the GPS for compensate and Hold the altitude , also for my Logical understanding, it is doesn’t matter if the Heli even have only 6º Pitch maximum positive, because the information send from the GeoLink to the “GT”, Will say ascend the Heli until pre-programmed altitude is reached or and maintained.

Quote:

My answer: Now it works ??

Quote:

My answer, what you mean with “2 or 3 mode for Return to Home”?? Also when I setup on the Channel window, you can choose only one time the Function “Return to Home”
And in my case why the programming function for “ new Returning home Position “ not works , even if I see it on the Aid window GeoLink Working?? I know and understood you perfectly and have the same , because I have a few Companies too, but in your case looks you make it more difficult than it is. Because before bring out a new product , you have to make a Detailed Manual , starting for Channel assignation ( All the Manufactures Futaba , Spektrum ect., Main Setup, Special Setup with Gyro Gain, Functions, ect ect. Then you do not have Clients asking all the day basic questions, that’s safe a lot of time and work.

But I have still the same problem now for nearly 4 week’s, I have some Test Flight yesterday , and in my case still the same , on the bench before I take off all the GeoLink Functions works two Blue Leds steady on”GT and GeoLink”, but after landing I put it directly on the bench again, Geolink functions not works !?? Also in middle of the Flight not work’s too! ??

PostPosted: Wed 28. Jul 2021 9:23:21 

I have some Test Flights attached the Log. Still the same on the second Heli, all working on the bench before I Take off, and in the Fly not works, and after Fly ?? I checked 10 times the transmitter if the channel works in the same conditions, and it moves. Very strange. Will finish the third Heli this week , and see how it goes.

Attachments:
spirit-log-2021-07-28-100254 Goblin 2.pdf [58.97 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times
spirit-log-2021-07-28-095932 Goblin 1.pdf [74.23 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times

PostPosted: Wed 28. Jul 2021 10:11:00 
Site Admin

Hello,

we are trying to reproduce the issue now. It seems it could be related only to GT units, because it was not reported with any other unit.
I am sure we will find answer with following days.

PostPosted: Wed 28. Jul 2021 15:22:11 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

we are trying to reproduce the issue now. It seems it could be related only to GT units, because it was not reported with any other unit.

Thanks a lot, I was very close to Trash the Transmitter out of the Window , including Heli :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 04. Aug 2021 8:36:04 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday some Test Flights again, and the Goblin 500 with FW 3.3.2 the Basic GeoLink Functions work’s, but the Functions itself not correct executed, example the Position Hold with Pitch control, the Heli lose fast on altitude without react to the Transmitter stick control? The Go to Home Position Programming from the Transmitter not works, when I switch it the swashplate goes up for aprox. 2 Seconds , but not storage the go to home position, this is dangerous if someone chose Failsafe to Return to Home, the Heli will Flight away !
The Function Automatic Rescue, the time duration must be longer, at least 2 Seconds, because the Heli when goes down to the preprogramed altitude, in the best case jumps only 2 meters up by half second, but mostly only pumping for altitude a little bit, therefore in this condition not make any Test on invert!
With the second Heli FW 3.3.1, GeoLink defiantly not work’s at all, I look on the Flight Log, and there are stated GeoLink connection's broken ???. And see often Receiver Signal Lost !??

Attachments:
Goblin 500 Red spirit-log-2021-08-03-201437.pdf [63.13 KiB]
Downloaded 13 times
Goblin 500 Ltd spirit-log-2021-08-03-200017.pdf [71.59 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times