It is currently Sun 16. Jun 2024 4:32:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 13. Feb 2015 18:39:46 

Hi there,

i'm not very experienced with satellites so i have to ask the following to be sure everything is working fine.

I've connected one dsmx satellite do the satellite port (small port on the side) oft the spirit and one satelite by y-wire to the rud port.
When I'm binding the satellite on the "real" sat port is flashing frequently and the other satellite is flashing constant. After binding bothe satellites are flashing constant and i'm able to controll my helicopter with my receiver. If I remove the wire from the satellite connected to the "real" sat port I'm no longer able to controll my helicopter.
Is this normal?
I'm looking for a way to confirm that my second satellite has been bound correct...

thank you in advance

PostPosted: Fri 13. Feb 2015 19:01:49 
Site Admin

Hi,

this is correct behavior. Actually without primary satellite control will not work if helicopter is initialized in this state.
But in case of signal loss, it will use secondary satellite where the signal may be better.

LEDs on both satellites should be steady ON without blinking before a flight.

To be sure secondary satellite is working, you can disconnect primary (while powered). But do not connect it back while unit is powered as it can cause brown out.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Feb 2015 19:57:52 

thanks for the hint, but i can't get my second satellite working.when i disconnect the primary satellite the second one is not working an I'm loosing connection.
I also tried to connect it directly without y-wire. What i have to say is that i'm not using the original wire from your store. does it make any difference? i wired mine the same way as the one shown in your shop. If necessary i would buy one from your shop but first i would like to know if it makes sense.

thanks!

ps: second satellite is working if i'm using the primary port, so the satellite itself is ok

PostPosted: Thu 19. Feb 2015 20:03:08 
Site Admin

Are you using 3.3V LDO for powering the satellite?

PostPosted: Thu 19. Feb 2015 20:09:22 

sorry i can't follow you, probably i'm not experienced enough in such things.

rigth now my satellite is connected without y-wire directly to the rud port, no additional power supply

PostPosted: Thu 19. Feb 2015 20:20:17 
Site Admin

Uh, thats not good at all. It can burn the satellite, because it should be powered with 3.3V only. You are probably powering it with 5-8V which is very wrong.
Spektrum adapter has its voltage regulator so it can't be built at home easily.

PostPosted: Fri 20. Feb 2015 8:43:03 

ok that was the info i was looking for :) i thought it just has to be wired as shown in the shop. I'm not worried about the satellite because when i connect it to the primary port it is working. So it seems that the voltage is to high to operate it?! For me the only explanation.
So it seems i have to order the original adapter.....