It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 10:28:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 25. May 2021 20:16:38 

I have an original Spirit (red anodized case) running ver 3.2.2 on a Jeti DS16. All functions work with the exception of the bailout. When i hit the bailout switch the pitch increases but the swash tilts to the right. Gets exciting! Unit is mounted in an older Align 450 pro. I believe the servo that is not moving up is the pitch servo during bailout. Works fine otherwise during normal flight. Flys fine except for bailout issue. Any ideas? All assistance appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu 27. May 2021 2:44:53 

Well I have reloaded software, changed servo and started over with new model in Jeti radio. Still has same issue.
Noone has seen anything like this?

PostPosted: Fri 28. May 2021 8:33:56 

.... i guess when speaking about "bailout" you do mean rescue in fact? (i am always thinking of autorotation bailout when reading about "bailout"... but maybe it's only me :) )

could you let us know a bit more about your setup? i.e. which receiver, what channel mapping? (esp. is there any kind of mixing that could come along with rescue channel?). did you check in diagnostics tab what happens when pushing rescue button? (really only the rescue channel with changes). maybe you could just upload your Spirit setup file to look at it directly.

is this just happening on bench or the same during flight? did you check sensor calibration?

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jul 2021 17:21:30 

HeliMLM wrote:
.... i guess when speaking about "bailout" you do mean rescue in fact? (i am always thinking of autorotation bailout when reading about "bailout"... but maybe it's only me :) )

could you let us know a bit more about your setup? i.e. which receiver, what channel mapping? (esp. is there any kind of mixing that could come along with rescue channel?). did you check in diagnostics tab what happens when pushing rescue button? (really only the rescue channel with changes). maybe you could just upload your Spirit setup file to look at it directly.

is this just happening on bench or the same during flight? did you check sensor calibration?

Fixed? Because I have the same problem with the Spirit GT .

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jul 2021 17:33:28 

which same problem (rescue or bailout)? with which setup & components? ;)

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jul 2021 19:13:27 

HeliMLM wrote:
which same problem (rescue or bailout)? with which setup & components? ;)

Hi thanks for the quick answer, yes also I select a channel for the standard rescue that I supose works without Geolink like teh Brain or other brand. I see the green bar moving on the software but the swashplate not moves,
I test it on Fly and confirm nothing happen?
Than I setup the GeoLink,setup a channel for example the Altitude Hols 5 m - 70 m I adjust, on the sofware
when I switch the function on the transmitter, I see in red in the software activated, but nothing happen,
by altitude mode the swahplate only goes up in dry test, and when the throttle stick is up the swashplate goes down, >I try it on Fly and nearly crash , becaus e when I activated and the minimum altitude is reach , the heli make the oposite he goes direction to the ground, instead the programed function to lift the heli with 60% Pitch.

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jul 2021 19:39:10 

in the software, in diagnostics tab, do you see rescue properly configured and working?

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jul 2021 8:55:33 

HeliMLM wrote:
in the software, in diagnostics tab, do you see rescue properly configured and working?

Hi Michael, I see that the function previously selected, when I use the Transmitter switch I see on the GeoLink Tab, from Inactive to active, but nothing happen on the Heli. Also I’m one of the first Skookum User ( Skookum SK720 witch GPS) , that's around 8 years ago, never have this kind of setup problems as this Spirit and Spirit GeoLink, because even that the easiest setup to configure a basic Rescue mode like FBL BRAIN, not function it's more than strange, I wait now for nearly one week for the customer support to get an answer to resolve this. I bought few GT's , all with the same setup issues. Also, I am not newbie, I on RC Heli’s since more than 40 years. In our Flying Club, I’m the person usually helps our Club members when he has some problems, Setup ect. And at the same time , all are waiting for me to get the Spirit GT and GeoLink running, before he start to make the buying orders, we are a big RC Club.

Resuming, also the Helis Fly nice and stable with the Spirit GT, done a test yesterday with the Kraken with only 1400 RPM Head speed Fantastic how stable it is, but at the moment without a basic Rescue mode and without GPS functions.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jul 2021 8:59:07 

Rotorwash759 wrote:
I have an original Spirit (red anodized case) running ver 3.2.2 on a Jeti DS16. All functions work with the exception of the bailout. When i hit the bailout switch the pitch increases but the swash tilts to the right. Gets exciting! Unit is mounted in an older Align 450 pro. I believe the servo that is not moving up is the pitch servo during bailout. Works fine otherwise during normal flight. Flys fine except for bailout issue. Any ideas? All assistance appreciated.

Hi Rotorwash, you resolve the Rescue problem? Because since May 2021 you not write any news about your Bailout Problem's.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jul 2021 14:43:39 

Dr.Fleming wrote:
HeliMLM wrote:
... I see that the function previously selected, when I use the Transmitter switch I see on the GeoLink Tab, from Inactive to active, but nothing happen on the Heli. ...

Hi... the important question is: do you see rescue configured and working on diagnostics tab in the setup software? this is the first point to solve - later go on to GeoLink!