It is currently Fri 03. May 2024 21:05:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 29. Sep 2021 23:39:28 

One section of the manual shows that getting RPM telemetry from the Scorpion Tribunus 60-120 ESC to the GTR is to use the Telem UNI cable from the ESC and plug it into a sat port. The manual shows a picture of a spirit pro for reference.

In the section of the manual about governors, the instructions say to run a cable from the ESC to the EXT/RPM/E2 port of the Spirit GTR. But the picture is a little confusing.

The ESC does have two cables - one for the throttle port and the other (I think) for RPM. Both are three wire cables with standard servo connectors.

Can you please provide me some more guidance on how to setup the Scorpion ESC with a GTR so that I can get either the governor to work, or just simple RPM telemetry.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu 30. Sep 2021 6:44:50 

Hello

basically you have 2 independent topics for cabling depending on you need:

1. follow this one http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _Telemetry and connect via Telem UNI cable. this will give you full telemetry available for your Esc, including RPMs. but the rpm signal via telemetry is generally not 'fast' enough for good governor performance, so if you need it, go 2.

2. the 2nd cable on your Esc (the one with the yellow wire, pls check with manual again i am not 100% sure) is a combined cable for 2nd bec connection (red+brown wire, goes into Spirits 2nd bec connector as in manual. i.e. E2, AUX2) and RPM signal (the yellow wire, should go into the middle pin of EXT/RPM/E2)... this is the real time RPM signal from the Esc. this will be the one needed for Spirit GOV. so you have to split the (yellow) cable and put it into a separate servo connector.