It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 10:18:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 08. Jun 2021 13:10:04 

I’m in the process of building up a Tarot 600 helicopter.

Setup:
ESC: YGE95 LVT + Adapter to the SAT1 port
Motor: Kontronik Pyro 600-9 with 930kV
FBL: Spirit 2
RX: Spektrum 8020T
Servo: GDW BLS89HV + BLS805X

With the above setup (throttle on RX) I don’t get any reading of rpm in the ESC window of the telemetry.

If I connect the data wire of the YGE via TexY-adapter direct to the Xbus of the RX w/o power up the Spirit, I have a rpm reading in the telemetry. This means the YGE alone is working fine.

With the Xbus still active, there is no telemetry at all, when I power up the Spirit. Is that correct ore should the telemetry still be shown ?
I have also put the numbers of poles and the gear ratio in the governor setup of the spirit, even if the throttle wire is connected to the RX.

I changed to a Hobbywing 80A v4 ESC and there is a rpm reading, BUT no current data.
When I add the Blades and run the heli on the ground, there are some numbers for current popping up, but no constant reading.
I’m not sure if the current is still too low for the HW ESC to show them on the screen.

For both ESC’s the adjustment in the Spirit telemetry window did match the ESC.
An intensive online research didn't deliver any hint.

What else can I do to get a rpm reading with the preferred YGE controller?? :?:

Last edited by Kluftinger on Thu 10. Jun 2021 12:08:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 08. Jun 2021 20:56:42 
Site Admin

Hello,

are you sure that Gear Ratio was not configure din the Radio? And that it is not configured in the ESC also.
Are other telemetry data displayed from YGE?

Please note RPM values should be displayed at the same field as for HobbyWing.,
HobbyWing ESC will show current only with blades on.

PostPosted: Tue 08. Jun 2021 21:48:13 

I tried both: without and with poles/ratio in the telemetry ESC window of the iX12 radio.

With only YGE controller, TexY interface to Xbus and the 8020T receiver in operation I have the full telemetry.

When I connect the controller telemetry via adapter to the Sat port of the spirit 2, there is also the same telemetry exept rpm.
The rpm reading stays at zero.

I'm using similar setups with YGE controller to the Sar port of red Spirit FBLs and 8010T rx with a full telemetry.
But the 8010T uses only SRLX instead of SRLX2 on the new rx.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 2:15:48 

Sorry for shouting from the side...

You are connecting from the YGE through the TexY-adapter direct to the Xbus of the AR8020T and this gives telemetry to the IX12 - correct.

It sounds like you would like to use the same RPM signal to feed to the Spirit for governor setup, yes/no? On other FBL units this has been identified as an issue where "electrical noise" becomes an issue.. (if this is what you would like to do).

I had this issue on an IKON2 and ended up install in a Hobbywing ($5) RPM sensor to feed to my Spektrum Telemetry unit for a clean signal. So, ESC RPM to the gyro for governor and the installed RPM sensor to the receiver for telemetry.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 18:45:44 
Site Admin

Telemetry output to AR8020T will not work unfortunately.
You will need to connect peripherals according Spektrum integration wiring.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 19:29:14 

Anton38357 wrote:
Sorry for shouting from the side...
Thanks for doing so

You are connecting from the YGE through the TexY-adapter direct to the Xbus of the AR8020T and this gives telemetry to the IX12 - correct.

Yes, I get full telemetry w/o SLRX2 connection to the Spirit2

It sounds like you would like to use the same RPM signal to feed to the Spirit for governor setup, yes/no? On other FBL units this has been identified as an issue where "electrical noise" becomes an issue.. (if this is what you would like to do).

No, I want the gov from YGE

I had this issue on an IKON2 and ended up install in a Hobbywing ($5) RPM sensor to feed to my Spektrum Telemetry unit for a clean signal. So, ESC RPM to the gyro for governor and the installed RPM sensor to the receiver for telemetry.

I may try an external sensor as a last possibility to use the YGE controller

I started with the SRXL2 connection cable as shown in the manual for the AR6610T with the parts I listed in the start post.
Today I hooked up a 6610T but rpm of the head, throttle % and BEC voltage was still zero.

Then I switched to a AR9030T, which runs only old SRXL and the full telemetry in the ESC window was present.
(no option because of its size)

So to me it looks like an issue with SRXL2 in combination with YGE+Spirit :oops:

And BTW: a short maiden hover flight today with the Hobbywing ESC showed the consumed current after take off. 8-)
(also no option, since I have the expensive YGE already)

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 19:42:28 
Site Admin

I am afraid, but your connection seems to be wrong.
Because technically it is impossible to get telemetry from Spirit with SRXL1. This mean with AR9030T or other it can't work. At least not with connection and devices that are supposed to be used.
So it seems you are using TexY or some other module. This is not needed nor supported with Spirit.

Please describe your wiring.

SRXL2 and YGE will work perfectly - actually it does not matter what ESC you are using at all.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 20:19:40 

ZeXx86 wrote:
I am afraid, but your connection seems to be wrong.
Because technically it is impossible to get telemetry from Spirit with SRXL1. This mean with AR9030T or other it can't work. At least not with connection and devices that are supposed to be used.
So it seems you are using TexY or some other module. This is not needed nor supported with Spirit.

Please describe your wiring.

SRXL2 and YGE will work perfectly - actually it does not matter what ESC you are using at all.

Of course I connected the 9030T with a simple 3-wire cable to the RUDD port of the Spirit2
I want to check, if my standard setup I used on the regular spirits would work with the Spirit 2 unit.

I hope that all the different tests should show at the end, where the problem is located.
But so far I might end up to measure the rpm range I can adjust via mixing in each flight mode with a tacho on the ground and just listen to the helis noise to cross check. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 20:23:48 
Site Admin

Please proceed according these two guides:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _Telemetry
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ntegration

There is no other way how to make it work if you want telemetry output from Spirit unit.

If you are using some other module for telemetry, then it is not related with Spirit unit at all.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 20:38:57 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Please proceed according these two guides:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _Telemetry
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ntegration

There is no other way how to make it work if you want telemetry output from Spirit unit.

If you are using some other module for telemetry, then it is not related with Spirit unit at all.

This is what I already did and I get some telemetry data:

amps, ESC volt, used capacity, FET temp and the window Text Gen for modifing the Spirit adjustments.

But no head rpm for what ever reason. :cry: