It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:17:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 23. Apr 2021 14:20:15 

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before, i did search but could not find anything.

With parameters assigned to functions to enable adjustments in flight, how do i know what the actual value for the parameter is after adjustment?

I feel I am missing something here. What would be the most convenient procedure for assigning a parameter to be tuned, conducting a flight and in flight tune the parameter, and then to store the adjusted parameter?

Appreciate any help.

Aziz

PostPosted: Sun 09. May 2021 15:42:22 

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun 09. May 2021 18:34:19 

Go to General>Channels. Under the selected function you can see the actual Value.

Then calibrate your TX channel output to match the value desired for the function tuning.

For example:

I've set slider P9 on the back as a control for Tail gyro. Then I went to servo setup and setup Min - Max to have it display the same on the Spirit Value field mentioned above (in my case -115 +115). In Gyro Settings I've setup position Position 1 at 30% Position 2 at 60% and Position 3 at 100% and confirmed again that the values are in sync with the ones displayed in the Spirit.

Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Mon 10. May 2021 4:31:04 

Thanks for this. On tail gyro its easy enough because the numbers translate directly. But for other parameters i am not so sure. I will give it a try though.

PostPosted: Mon 17. May 2021 9:16:31 

As I thought, this only works for Gyro tuning since Spirit takes the value of the channel as is and doesn't scale it.

However, taking Cyclic Rotation Rate as an example. Valid values for this parameter are from 5 to 16, so if this parameter was set to in flight tuning, -100 on the channel in the TX would translate 5, and +100 translates to 16. So having tuned it in flight, you would be able to know from the TX the output of that channel, but then there is nothing to take you back to the Spirit's scale.

Furthermore, for some parameters Spirit allows values that are not recommended, Cyclic Rotation Rate is an example where values over 11 may results in boom strikes etc. So to limit this possibility, it would be necessary to limit the channel output to be within a reasonable range for tuning.

To make this a little easier I have create an excel spreadsheet (attached) that easily converts the scale from the TX's -100 to +100, to the appropriate scale for the parameter and also to give an equivalent to a desired max value. So for instance if I want to tune Cyclic rate and limit the values to between 5 and 11, I would need to limit the channel's max output using function curves.

I think there is room for improvement here. At the very least the diagnostic page should give the equivalent value of a parameter based on the channel value received. That way once tuning is complete, and say I find I arrived at a rate that I like, I would be able to look at the diagnostic tab, take the value and enter it and then remove that tuning parameter.

Attachments:
Spirit Jeti Parameter Tuning.xlsx [9.22 KiB]
Downloaded 20 times

PostPosted: Mon 17. May 2021 9:21:17 

I just saw that on the Spirit setting app the corresponding value is shown. If it worked the same way in the Jeti integration menus it would be good.

PostPosted: Thu 20. May 2021 11:41:58 
Site Admin

Thank you for the message.

The parameters are configured always in the full range, because it is not possible to find that some value is not recommended for other pilots.
So -100% = the lowest value,
100% = the highest value.

Current value could be displayed in the JETI integration menu in the future. So this can be improved.

PostPosted: Sat 22. May 2021 5:59:58 

Thank you for your reply. Yes, showing current value in the integration menu would be great. Looking forward to that update :)