It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 15:20:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 26. Mar 2021 1:26:43 

I have a Spirit2, just bought new and connected to new jeti rex3. With the setup all working ok on diagnostic screen but elevator is controling the pitch and pitch is controling the
elevator....The ailron and rudder work ok. If i move the heli around the compersation changes the pitch and when i move the elevator stick the pitch changes but with gyro movements. If i move the pitch stick it moves the elevator but only equal with the stick movements with no gyro movement......I hope you can understand what i am trying to say........My other 2 helis that are on spirit pro's that had spectrum receivers i just fitted rex3 receivers and changed settings to jetiexbus and all was well........
Regards Adrian Any help please.....

Last edited by 10x on Sat 27. Mar 2021 22:58:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 26. Mar 2021 8:31:16 
Site Admin

Hello,

there should be basically no effect on what radio you are using on compensation.

First it is important that all channels are moving properly in Diagnostic tab - Pitch stick is moving with Pitch bar (only), Elevator with Elevator, Aileron with Aileron ...
If this is the case, then the only problem might be in Swashplate Type configuration or Spirit unit Position parameter or only Servo wiring is wrong.

Can you let me know what model you are using? Or you can take a photo and I can let you know how it should be configured.

PostPosted: Fri 26. Mar 2021 13:04:16 

Hello Tomas and thanks for getting back to me....This is a Thunder tiger e820 and the 2nd one i have set up. The first one was all ok with spirit pro and rex 3 receiver. On the 2nd one the tail and aileron works all ok. It is set up with 135 swash and horizontal 180 for spirit 2 with wires out the front. Another thing i noticed is that when i tick the reverse collective box for this model the elevator movement reverses direction. The diagnostic servo page is all correct with every thing central and moving to 100 it is just the pitch stick is controlling elevator and the elevator is controlling the pitch....

Just had another look and if i move heli around on the elevator plane the gyro compersation is moving the collective swash up and down not front to back.....

PostPosted: Fri 26. Mar 2021 14:30:54 
Site Admin

The problem will be rather that you have to reverse one or two servos.

It is enough to move with collective pitch and observe servos. Servo(s) that are moving in opposite way can be just reversed and all should be done (if servo wiring is really correct).

PostPosted: Fri 26. Mar 2021 21:31:31 

Hello Tomas
Thanks for your help, as soon as i read about reversing servo's it clicked that i had not reversed any.....
I needed to reverse servos 1 and 3 0n the servo screen and it sorted it.....
We have a saying here in the UK " Can't see the wood for the trees"
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... -the-trees

Regards Adrian