It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 7:45:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2021 7:21:13 

I maidened my Giblin 570 with spirit GT on it, had automatic rescue set to 5m in the stabi tab.. When I turned it on after takeoff I tested it by descending steadily,cand nothing happened down to about 20 - 50cm above the ground (when it kicked in and climbed back up automatically)..

I found this to be totally ineffective as an automatic rescue compared to my Spirit 2's I'm ruinning with geolinks on other helicopters with Ältitude Limit"set to the same amount (5m) - these work every time to save the helicopter from hitting the geound.

Is there something I may have missed in the setup - there's nothing I can think of.. I've assigned a channel and switch to stabi function, and it shows up as activating the stabi function in the diagnstics tab.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2021 8:28:27 

Hi Natesh,

try setting the auto rescue altitude to 10 or 12m. This should rescue at around 5-6m above ground. But I would not rely on the rescue function blindly. When I try something that could become dangerous for the heli I first decend again to the trigger level to check whether it is still the way it is intended to be.

I have requested from Tomas to add a function that allows setting / re-setting the rescue altitude during flight and also to add the ability that manual rescue should work in all modes including auto rescue mode in case that fails you would then still at least have the ability to rescue manually. Hopefully its being worked on already ;-)

Cheers,
Bernd

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2021 8:36:59 
Site Admin

Hi,

please make sure to update to the latest version 3.3.2-r2. This might resolve the problem.

Yes, we are working on new function engaging to set limit easily at the altitude the model is flying. This could resolve this problem completely.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2021 8:57:39 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

please make sure to update to the latest version 3.3.2-r2. This might resolve the problem.

Yes, we are working on new function engaging to set limit easily at the altitude the model is flying. This could resolve this problem completely.

Great, I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for being so responsive to suggestions :D :D :D
Cheers,
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 23. Sep 2021 1:26:53 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

I updated the GT unit to 3.3.2 r2, and took it out for a fly, tested the automatic rescue and exactly the same problem persisted - it would not initiate rescue untill between 0 and 50cm from the ground, whereas I had 5m set in the stabi tab.

PostPosted: Thu 23. Sep 2021 6:50:53 

Hi Natesh,

check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4838

maybe you'll like to test the new firmware & features too?

PostPosted: Thu 23. Sep 2021 11:57:06 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi Natesh,

check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4838

maybe you'll like to test the new firmware & features too?

Yes I'd be happy to test that function of a new firmware.. Count me in Tomas.