It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:35:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 30. Mar 2021 15:07:37 

I have a kds 550 I just built with a spirit 2 unit along with 2 orangerx sat receivers. Everything is fine when I start from beginning and do set up. I'm powering the unit through the aux2 and rudder ports with a 2s lipo. Everything is fairly simple. I've done it twice already and still the same problem. Set up goes beautifully. I charge my batteries and go for the maiden and turn my tx on and plug my heli in and no dice. Sats are bound with a solid orange light and the spirit 2 just blinks a blue led constantly. No servo movement at all and esc makes motor beep like it's not getting a zero throttle reading from the spirit 2. I'm at a loss and need help. I went with spirit because the features to price ratio is better than any other fbl but if I can't get it to work properly it's just decoration.

Please and thanks for any help. My email is thatmuscokid@yahoo.com if anyone can send me some tips or pointers on what I'm doing wrong or if that is the case.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 30. Mar 2021 15:46:18 

Things to check
Is the ESC throttle connected to AUX 1 ?
Did you select DSM2/X as the receiver type ?
Have you set the proper throttle range in the Governor page ?
Have you calibrated the throttle end points ?

PostPosted: Tue 30. Mar 2021 16:03:52 

Yes to all of those. Esc is in aux 1 with only the signal and ground wires connected because I'm using separate battery for rx power. Failsafe switch set to -125%. I set all end points to 0 at mod stick and calibrated it all to -100/100 at the sticks max travel. Set up was a breeze but after I turn off everything and get ready to go test the unit blinks fast like it's waiting for a signal and never initializes. It's a fast blink not a slow pulsating blink like during set up. And esc and motor beep like throttle is not at zero like it's not receiving a signal fr the spirit. Sats are constant orange light and are bound.

PostPosted: Tue 30. Mar 2021 18:02:05 

Hello,
your heli is an electic driven heli, why do you set failsafe to -125 ? That's only necessary if have an nitro heli to close the carburettor - in my opinion -
Set the range minimum at -100 maybe that could help -
The unit initialisies if you have powersupply from a battery and you have no probs ? If that's true then you have to set the range -
Most ESC's need to calibrate the range need by start up (plug in the battery) the throttle stick at full throttle - if the ESC beeps then you have to set the minimum throttle (-100 and not -125) -

Best Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Tue 30. Mar 2021 20:03:14 

Nope it won't initialize with a battery. I'm not using the esc bec. I'm using a 2s lipo with 2 outputs. One for aux 2 port and one for rudder port. It only initialize in set up. I don't see where me having failsafe at -125 will hurt or help me any. It's an electric heli so anything under 0 should be fine. My radio just goes to -125 so thats what I set it as. I've never had anything like this happen on vstabi and it's a similar software set up.

I'm about to return these two spirit 2 units and the geolink if I can't figure this out soon. I have a few $35 kbars that will rock and roll in 30 minutes at least for a test flight. This is ridiculous.