It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:08:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 24. Feb 2021 15:18:04 

Good afternoon,
After connecting to my Spirit 2 + Geolink through wifi link and windows 10 PC soft found that Geolink's setting window tabs are getting shaded for a few seconds, become unaccessible and dropping me down to the INFO tab (picture). Afer a few seconds its getting back and work normal (picture). Sometimes log is showing a message "Geolink data were corrupted" (picture). Period between normal and unaccessible state is about 3-5 seconds and constantly switching.
Normally Geolink is connected to Spirit 2 by the original 50 centimeters cable but found that the reason could be a long cable or a bad connection. Replaced cable with a short one from the box (22 cm) - nothing changed, still shading and messaging about corrupted data.
Please advise what else can be wrong or that is normal operation of the unit?
Thanks.

Attachments:
qqq.PNG
qqq.PNG [ 41.35 KiB | Viewed 395 times ]
qqq2.PNG
qqq2.PNG [ 68.79 KiB | Viewed 395 times ]
qqq3.PNG
qqq3.PNG [ 54.55 KiB | Viewed 395 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 25. Feb 2021 12:45:04 

Still the same. Any ideas on above? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri 26. Feb 2021 8:43:28 
Site Admin

Hello,

if I undersand it correctly the problem is happening only with Wifi-Link but not with USB interface, am I right?

If yes, then what can be helpful is making wifi connection more stable.
For example there can be nearby Wifi routers that are using same Wifi channel. Changing channel can help. Or sometime module is placed too close to a telemetry receiver.

What can cause connection problems is if more devices are connected at the module. So one is recommended.

Usually more stable connection can be also obtained if you will set Wifi-Link as Client or AP+Client where it will connect to your existing network. Then you can connect there from anywhere in your network. It is enough to change IP address to one that was assigned from DHCP.

PostPosted: Fri 26. Feb 2021 14:34:41 

Hello,
Yes, You are right- working perfect with USB interface. Have issue with wifi link only.
Tried different locations, different networks, different channels, different cables- no changes, still shading and disconnecting. Finally found that it works properly until geolink fixes GPS position only. As soon as position is fixed and blue led is on - start working as explained above.
That is only a dependence i found.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Feb 2021 1:09:57 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

if I undersand it correctly the problem is happening only with Wifi-Link but not with USB interface, am I right?

If yes, then what can be helpful is making wifi connection more stable.
For example there can be nearby Wifi routers that are using same Wifi channel. Changing channel can help. Or sometime module is placed too close to a telemetry receiver.

What can cause connection problems is if more devices are connected at the module. So one is recommended.

Usually more stable connection can be also obtained if you will set Wifi-Link as Client or AP+Client where it will connect to your existing network. Then you can connect there from anywhere in your network. It is enough to change IP address to one that was assigned from DHCP.

I get that same error in logs and I’m using the usb interface I thought it was just a recorded error until geo link got sat signal ?

PostPosted: Sat 27. Feb 2021 7:18:56 

Bill-kraken-700 wrote:

I get that same error in logs and I’m using the usb interface I thought it was just a recorded error until geo link got sat signal ?

Hi.
No, as far as i found it start giving errors and disconnecting when geolink got sat signal after blue led is on. During searching, before sat position is fixed when blue led is off it works good for me.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Mar 2021 13:33:26 
Site Admin

Thank you for your message. We will try to reproduce the issue and see if we will find a solution for you.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Mar 2021 18:22:13 

Thanks, waiting.