It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 21:17:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 12:50:35 

Ok, so on diagnostic tab for yaw I’m at 50% when stick is centre. Using sub trim I can not resolve this so it’s O% at centre, I also can’t get -100 +100.

I’m getting similar issue with pitch.

Receiver is Rex3 v1.12 firmware. Using E1 port.

Last edited by Simo71 on Fri 19. Feb 2021 12:02:09, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 13:16:23 
Site Admin

Hello,

please set default channel mapping in your radio and in the Spirit unit.
Preferably set model type to Spirit in the radio. Then everything should work out of the box.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 13:32:09 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

please set default channel mapping in your radio and in the Spirit unit.
Preferably set model type to Spirit in the radio. Then everything should work out of the box.

I copied the Spirit model file and just renamed it for my current model.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 14:48:14 

Hi Simo ;)

so your DS-12 has arrived as it seems? just to be sure what you've done (or what you should have done ;))

- your DS-12 is at current firmware (5.05)
- your Rex 3 is at current firmware (1.14)

- create a new model, type heli, Heli = Spirit, Gov = no, use default channel mapping (add. channels could be added now or later), confirm def. servo mapping, activate the new model
- bind the Rex 3 to this new model (& remove bind plug afterwards)
- go into device explorer, navigate to Rex3 and set i.e. E1 to "EX Bus"
- connect E1 and Spirit (split cable)

- open Spirit settings, set Rx to Jeti EX, map channel 1 and maybe additionals, save
- (maybe restart the Spirit unit) and you should have all channels perfect without subtrims etc etc

Ciao
Michael

PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 15:12:53 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi Simo ;)

so your DS-12 has arrived as it seems? just to be sure what you've done (or what you should have done ;))

- your DS-12 is at current firmware (5.05)
- your Rex 3 is at current firmware (1.14)

- create a new model, type heli, Heli = Spirit, Gov = no, use default channel mapping (add. channels could be added now or later), confirm def. servo mapping, activate the new model
- bind the Rex 3 to this new model (& remove bind plug afterwards)
- go into device explorer, navigate to Rex3 and set i.e. E1 to "EX Bus"
- connect E1 and Spirit (split cable)

- open Spirit settings, set Rx to Jeti EX, map channel 1 and maybe additionals, save
- (maybe restart the Spirit unit) and you should have all channels perfect without subtrims etc etc

Ciao
Michael
Yes, it has arrived.

Seem like something on pc software is conflicting, I factory reset and tried again but same issue. I did also try and resolve it using the layout mapping with no joy.

So then I used the Setup wizard on DS12 and all works as it should.

Rex3 firmware v1.14? I could not find that version. I went to v 1.03 just in case, which is what it’s on now.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 15:45:25 

... cool it's working now :) you'll find for sure why it did not work later when playing with the DS-12!

if i connect the Rex3 in Jeti Studio it is giving me 1.14 firmware for Rex 3! (and this one is already ~1 yr old)... you should in any case try to be on newest firmware!

Last edited by HeliMLM on Wed 17. Feb 2021 15:51:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Feb 2021 15:47:47 

Update of the Jeti receivers will go using Jetistudio:
http://www.jetimodel.com/en/JETI-Studio-2/
I highly recommend updating the REX receivers to version 1.14 (and other devices on last fw in Jetistudio).

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 4:49:39 

Well I’ve done the update for All the Rex3 receivers to 1.14. No I still can’t do initial setup via wizard on pc. If I do first setup via wizard on DS12 and then go to pc after, all checks out in the diagnostic tab per channel behaviour.

Now, I’m not sure what’s doing but with the DS12 and the two helicopters I’ve setup (one crashed) it feels totally different to my Spektrum...the DS12 feels much more erratic.

With Spektrum I set around 30-40% expo, on spirit I change my flight style and that’s it feels great.

With DS12 I have set very high expo values at 80% and the same flight style as I do when I flew Spektrum.

Not sure why it would be that different? At the moment it pretty wild!

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 7:59:47 

Hi Simo,

regarding wizzard: which wizzard on DS12 are you talking about? the DS12 model setup wizzard (to create a new model etc) or the Spirit setup wizzard within Spirit integration? maybe you could exactly describe the steps you've done (where and in which order)... should be easy to sort out!

what do you feel erratic? some examples or screenshots or error messages? for sure it feels different (i had to first read the DS12 manual too, it's so powerful :)), but we never had any glitch on our DS12s... and no one we do know had. so most probably this will be something hidden in the learning curve ;) (or you really have bad luck and a problem with your DS12, let's hope no). is your DS12 on latest firmware (5.05) too?

the expo is (unfortunately) nothing that can be translated from one Tx to the other.... it's totally different for most Tx. and the hall gimbals feel much more sensitive/precise. compared to Spektrum before i had to raise my Expo significantly too (that's well known)... but not double in my case. do you have stick tension and stick length configured +/- same as it was on your iX12?

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 8:46:14 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi Simo,

regarding wizzard: which wizzard on DS12 are you talking about? the DS12 model setup wizzard (to create a new model etc) or the Spirit setup wizzard within Spirit integration? maybe you could exactly describe the steps you've done (where and in which order)... should be easy to sort out!

what do you feel erratic? some examples or screenshots or error messages? for sure it feels different (i had to first read the DS12 manual too, it's so powerful :)), but we never had any glitch on our DS12s... and no one we do know had. so most probably this will be something hidden in the learning curve ;) (or you really have bad luck and a problem with your DS12, let's hope no). is your DS12 on latest firmware (5.05) too?

the expo is (unfortunately) nothing that can be translated from one Tx to the other.... it's totally different for most Tx. and the hall gimbals feel much more sensitive/precise. compared to Spektrum before i had to raise my Expo significantly too (that's well known)... but not double in my case. do you have stick tension and stick length configured +/- same as it was on your iX12?

The setup wizard for Spirit, any reference to wizard here is in reference to Spirit.

DS12 is latest firmware v5.05

What I mean by erratic is explained, the Same heli, same Spirit unit, but different transmitter.
I don’t like how my helicopters behave now. The tail feels the same, but the cyclic feels crazy and not smooth and fluid. I can see why some prefer the feel, but I’m a sports flier who likes smooth and precise.

Stick tension etc is more or less the same.

I should have stuck with Spektrum.