It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:25:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 10:13:30 

... and sticks are clearly going -100/0/+100 (in DS12 monitor and Spirit settings tool), no dual rates etc? just Expo in Tx and your cyclic roll rates or other cyclic parameters in Spirit unit have not changed (due to many wizzard runs)? if all that is true, there should be no big difference in cyclic feeling... there must be something else...

could you upload your Spirit setup file here? maybe one older backup (from time with Spektrum Tx) and the actual one... maybe someone is able to see the source of your problem. plus the DS-12 model file (and screenshots of all setup screens of the Rex3)! there must be something wrong... i'll take a look at it for sure too... !

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 11:41:55 

Well the feel I will leave for another thread, but in short I think it may be because I left d/r at 100% and just adjusted expo. While the D/R has no affect on the cyclic for travel it still affects the behaviour with the output from transmitter.

Getting back to the original problem,
When I select jeti EXbus on desktop Spirit wizard some of my channels are not correct. The two are Yaw and pitch so doing setup via desktop is useless. The issue with yaw (rudder) is when at centre it is 47% then left it will go to -30% approximately then right it will go to way past 100.
Pitch is also not 100 in either direction.

When I do Spirit setup wizard via Jeti and then go back to desktop software these channels (yaw and pitch) are correct. Everything is as it should be.

Is it meant to be this way? I know you must first select EXbus on desktop software for non RS units but I seems awfully strange the complete setup can’t be done via desktop.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 12:02:28 

yes, of course D/R has a huge effect on cyclic feeling (it must be 100% when doing setup - but could be adjusted to your prefs in flying), it is reducing/enhancing the cyclic roll rates given by Tx... thus feeling more/less aggressive... so if you have been used to i.e. 70% D/R in the past... this could be the reason. better solution would be to use the cyclic roll rates in Spirit!

as for the wizards: i've done setup with DS12 only, PC only and both mixed... result always the same - channels are Ok. could you upload screenshots of all screens in pc wizard and how you set them (or even better link a video)... ?

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 12:26:28 

HeliMLM wrote:
yes, of course D/R has a huge effect on cyclic feeling (it must be 100% when doing setup - but could be adjusted to your prefs in flying), it is reducing/enhancing the cyclic roll rates given by Tx... thus feeling more/less aggressive... so if you have been used to i.e. 70% D/R in the past... this could be the reason. better solution would be to use the cyclic roll rates in Spirit!

as for the wizards: i've done setup with DS12 only, PC only and both mixed... result always the same - channels are Ok. could you upload screenshots of all screens in pc wizard and how you set them (or even better link a video)... ?

Yes correct, while the swash does not travel any less the d/r also affects what the spirit unit sees. But the swash does not move any less.
I have tried the cyclic roll rates but I prefer to keep that at 8.

I can’t do any screen shots etc, no time. But in my case a factory reset was done with the two units I’ve setup thus far. On pc and when matching the channel order as per spirit model on jeti this is where the problem arises no amount of changes solves it. But after I do Spirit setup via Jeti no problem.

While I have no issue setting up with the wizard on Jeti, I’m very much use to initial setup via desktop.

This has been consistent with the two units setup thus far. So I can’t see why I would be the only one with this issue.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 12:45:48 

are your testing this just on bench? you will not see any real swash behaviour on bench... of course any DR will affect the roll rates given by Tx. this has not much to do with what you could see as swash movement on bench - as the heli does not react on swash movement, the Spirit will use up to full way. completely different in real flight!

as for the wizzard: you do not have to change any default channels in the PC wizzard (only 1-throttle and maybe additional channels for bank/rescue)... if model is configured as heli & Spirit on DS12 there is nothing more to do!

PostPosted: Thu 18. Feb 2021 12:57:55 

HeliMLM wrote:
are your testing this just on bench? you will not see any real swash behaviour on bench... of course any DR will affect the roll rates given by Tx. this has not much to do with what you could see as swash movement on bench - as the heli does not react on swash movement, the Spirit will use up to full way. completely different in real flight!

as for the wizzard: you do not have to change any default channels in the PC wizzard (only 1-throttle and maybe additional channels for bank/rescue)... if model is configured as heli & Spirit on DS12 there is nothing more to do!

It says to match the channel order. Anyway I will grab some screen shots when I setup goblin over the next day or two. And yes I have selected that configuration on Ds12...as I have mentioned.