It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:32:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 16. Feb 2021 10:53:36 
Site Admin

Then I fear it is really firewall issue or your provider is blocking unknown ports.

In the worst case I can connect remotely to your computer and check the settings and behavior.

Do you have any other computer available for checking?

PostPosted: Tue 16. Feb 2021 11:28:24 

I also entered settings.exe in the Windows firewall settings as a test, but that didn't change anything. I will install Spirit settings on another system as requested and then report back.

Toni

PostPosted: Mon 22. Feb 2021 11:04:34 

Hi,

I've now tested on two other PCs and it didn't work anywhere.
There is a standard installation of Windows 10 64bit everywhere, no additional virus scanners or optimization programs. The Internet provider is T-Online and all other applications that automatically download and make software available for connected devices work perfectly (e.g. TomTom, Navigon, etc.).

Only the test-based approval of all protocols in the FritzBox then brought success - the firmware was displayed. It would now be important to know what Spirit Settings needs in addition to the standard FritzBox settings ("only surfing and email"), since I do not want to use the "unlimited" setting permanently.

Regards,
Toni

PostPosted: Mon 22. Feb 2021 14:29:12 
Site Admin

Hi,

thank you for the message!
Normally it is common for all similar boxes to allow all trafic. Only if you have Public IP address then it is good to have better security. But even with this potentional hacker will end up rather at the router.
So you really do not have to worry about allowing all traffic. The most safety risks are coming from web during these days actually.

I am afraid it will never work with "only surfing and email" setting, since it is not web service nor email. Maybe you can add some kind of exception there.

"only surfing and email" method is used not for safety reasons but rather for companies where you dont want to allow similar software such as torrents, online games, online streaming services, etc.
Maybe we could find some workaround.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Feb 2021 17:00:28 

Hi Tomáš,

thanks for your detailed explanation.
When I have some time to spare, I will try a little more to see which settings are required as a minimum.

Regards,
Toni

PostPosted: Sat 13. Mar 2021 23:47:11 

Hello,

I also have the problem 'No firmware available'. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned before with no success.

I tried on different computers, disabled the Virus-Scanner and firewall. I'm using a Fritzbox for Internet connection. I've also set the host as 'exposed host'. No luck.

Please tell me what to do, to update the firmware. I have no idea what to do anymore. I am using 3.1.0 right now.

Best regards, Clemens

PostPosted: Sun 14. Mar 2021 9:03:53 

Hello Clemens,

please see if in the FritzBox settings at "Internet" and there at "Filter" "unlimited" is set for the PC used for SpiritSettings.
If it just says "Standard" it won't work.
Greetings, Toni

PostPosted: Thu 18. Mar 2021 19:45:42 

Hello Toni,

thank you, now it works. I didn't realize, there are any differences between these two profiles.

Greetings, Clemens