It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:20:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Purchasing from the UK
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 17:54:20 

What are you declaring the spirit 2 as for import/export purposes when shipping to the UK ?

I'm not sure of the rules, but I think under £135 you have to pay the VAT, over £135, I have to pay the VAT.

Buying a spirit 2 with an integration cable and postage works out at £150 by paypal, so I pay the VAT on receipt.

What is the customs declaration of the product on the packaging so I can check the import duty rate please?

Has anyone in the UK bought a unit after 1st Jan ? What was the duty and taxes?

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 18:13:20 
Site Admin

We are declaring goods that are bought. This mean we are declaring all products, if possible and their prices.
In the worst case the end price will be same as in the previous years. In the best case it will be cheaper by 21% :)

Yes, many UK customers bought after 1st january.

PostPosted: Sat 23. Jan 2021 17:52:23 

jjuk wrote:
What are you declaring the spirit 2 as for import/export purposes when shipping to the UK ?

I'm not sure of the rules, but I think under £135 you have to pay the VAT, over £135, I have to pay the VAT.

Buying a spirit 2 with an integration cable and postage works out at £150 by paypal, so I pay the VAT on receipt.

What is the customs declaration of the product on the packaging so I can check the import duty rate please?

Has anyone in the UK bought a unit after 1st Jan ? What was the duty and taxes?

You will get stung another £30 if you pay via paypal for there conversion rate! They don't use the correct currency conversion that the markets actually state. They use one all of there own.

I would pay using the gopay or look into your cards fees for international transactions.
I paid £300 for a spirit 2, geolink and a wifi cable. That would of been a lot cheaper if not for paypal!

I never got charged a thing for import tax or any other fees and it was sent via royal mail. You have tracking right from the moment it's posted which was good :)

PostPosted: Sat 23. Jan 2021 18:06:14 

I've bought several now in the past. I've paid with PP and with my CC on separate orders previously. My CC charged me the same (ish) as if I'd used paypal, so there was no real difference, at least for me.

The question I asked here was more about what it's declared as? I looked through the list of codes for imports, and there's a few different categories that this product could be classed as, some are 4% duty, others are 0% duty.

What was yours marked as, and did you buy it in January, as its the purchase date that matters, not when it was shipped.

I've ordered anyway. It was £150.04 via PP this time. Last time it was £180 with PP and that included 21% Czech Republic VAT.

So much for a "trade deal" when everything still gets slapped with import duty. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat 23. Jan 2021 21:30:50 

if you can use a card that don’t apply conversion charges ( like n26 )
is much better to configure paypal to NOT use his conversion rate
but let the card do the conversion ;)

PostPosted: Sat 23. Jan 2021 21:36:55 

jjuk wrote:
I've bought several now in the past. I've paid with PP and with my CC on separate orders previously. My CC charged me the same (ish) as if I'd used paypal, so there was no real difference, at least for me.

The question I asked here was more about what it's declared as? I looked through the list of codes for imports, and there's a few different categories that this product could be classed as, some are 4% duty, others are 0% duty.

What was yours marked as, and did you buy it in January, as its the purchase date that matters, not when it was shipped.

I've ordered anyway. It was £150.04 via PP this time. Last time it was £180 with PP and that included 21% Czech Republic VAT.

So much for a "trade deal" when everything still gets slapped with import duty. :roll:

I bought mine before the first so i wouldn't be suprised if it were caught up in import duty now! but worst case it'll only be 4%! so it'll only be just over £6 :)

PostPosted: Sat 23. Jan 2021 21:52:33 

Pete678 wrote:
I bought mine before the first so i wouldn't be suprised if it were caught up in import duty now! but worst case it'll only be 4%! so it'll only be just over £6 :)

You'll be ok - Only applies to goods purchased from 1st Jan.

PostPosted: Sun 24. Jan 2021 12:08:11 
Site Admin

We are not declaring any codes. Usually it is processed as R/C model parts - toys.

PostPosted: Sun 24. Jan 2021 13:18:25 

jjuk wrote:
Pete678 wrote:

You'll be ok - Only applies to goods purchased from 1st Jan.

oh, not me bud. The OP was wondering. I've already got mine through :)