It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:04:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 11. Dec 2020 16:13:00 

I have a new Spirit RS that I bought to use with my Align TRex 700. I decided to test it in my Align 300 since it is was a new unit. Flew about 6 test flights in the 300x. Flew ok but got numerous receiver "low voltage" warnings from the Jeti DS 12, other than that it flew ok in the 300x. I decided that the voltage warnings may have been the caused by the 25 amp esc and its lower bec amp rating. The 300x had been flying fine with a Spirit 2 with no issues and the DS 12. Installed the RS in my Align TRex 700 with the DS12 had 4 flights on this combination with no issues. Flew it yesterday for the first time since early October. Lifted off changed to Idle Up 1, and heli went into failsafe mode I think. DS 12 display was blinking no control of servos at all. About 1 min after landing, I regained control DS 12 graphs looked normal, Spirit log said logged not saved, but I unplugged the batteries before I check Spirit log. Batteries checked fine, 2s for flight pack, and 12 s for motor. Flew DS12 in Align 470 with Spirit 2 yesterday after the 700 issue fine. Also flew DS 12 in foamie airplane fine. Range check good. RS running ok with blades off of the 700 on the bench. Finally I can duplicate failsafe on the bench with no issues. Suggestions, ideas? I'm afraid to try the RS in the 700 again until I find the issues. Thanks Tom

PostPosted: Fri 11. Dec 2020 19:42:38 
Site Admin

Hello,

do you have other Spirit RS for comparison? If no, we can ship you one. If the result will be same, then this could be some wiring issue.
Please note that RS unit is able to detect voltage drops sooner, because voltage is measured after servo bus. While if using external receiver, voltage drop might be not detected at all.
But as result both should work identically.

So only with other RS unit it can be compared properly.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Dec 2020 0:30:37 

Tomas,

I don't have another RS to compare, only Spirit 2's and Pro's. At this point I would appreciate you sending me an RS to compare. Will you be sending the unit as warranty, and I'll return my current RS if it solves the problem?
Additional information. The RS is currently on 3.1.0, and It has a Geolink attached. The Geo is on the latest firmware, and seems to operate ok, but when I unplug the geo from the RS, I can't get the failure to duplicate the shutoff as before.

Thanks for your quick response and your help!!

Tom Schwyn

PostPosted: Sat 12. Dec 2020 12:47:36 

Tom, the RS seems to have a very sensitive voltage sensor. My Logo600 SE was throwing up low voltage warnings all the time until I put a backup pack and a Cap in. I'm still not sure if it's my BEC or just the servos being power hungry causing the drops!

PostPosted: Sat 12. Dec 2020 14:51:00 

Hi
This solved the alarming for me.
https://www.helistore.se/produkt/1st954 ... 4-8-3x50f/
I set the bec to 8,2V and alarm to 7,2V,no alarms in flight.If i cut the power the cap pack givs me 1,5 min whith constant stick movments before the Spirit RS goes dead 3,5V(on the bench).
Whith a fully loaded lipo 2s and i moves the sticks around its alarming all the time.(on the bench)
Servos MKS high Voltage in one heli Futaba high voltage in the other.
So if i lost power(bec) in the air i get an alarm almost at ones,and than have abaout 1min to land.
//Latjo