It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 7:30:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 19. Jul 2020 5:25:06 

Hi, I'm wondering which of the tail settings in particular I can look at to get the tail more locked in during pitch pumps? I have excellent tail holding during flight, tic-tocs, etc. but for hard pitch pumps, the tail does tend to swing out very slightly on my Goblin 700. Also, what does the pitch pump booster under expert settings do exactly, will changing it affect tail performance elsewhere?

Edit - I mean, other than gain, obviously :) If I have gain any higher, I tend to get slight oscillations in flat out fast forward flight.

Cheers, Rob.

PostPosted: Sun 19. Jul 2020 6:01:41 

If you've maxed out gains, assuming you're using an ultra fast servo, you're probably just seeing physical limits of what gains alone can give you. Main tail gain is going to be the one that will keep it locked in during pitch pumps and other hard sudden moves. You might need to increase or reduce governor response gain or lower the amount of pitch you're using.

If gains are truly maxed out the only thing you have left is revomix, try adding a tiny bit of that and see if it helps. Are you running 115 tail blades on your goblin?

PostPosted: Mon 20. Jul 2020 7:33:48 

Thanks for the advice. It probably is gain. I turned it down because I was getting minor shivers in flat out fast forward flight (I can hear these more than see them). This is really noticeable in windy conditions (cross winds). I am using the stock 115mm tail blades, yes. Tail servo is a BK DS-7006 HV. I will do further tweaking and testing, I'm sure it used to be ok :)

PostPosted: Sat 14. Nov 2020 1:15:08 

In the end, I simply had piro consistency a little high. Raising gain, and lowering this value, removed the shiver sound and now pitch pumps hold much better.