It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 15:29:36

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 11. May 2020 13:33:59 

Ok so it didn't work. I kept watching the telemetry screen on the radio and it displayed 0 mAH consumed. I will have to hook it up to the PC to review it more thoroughly. I am using integration to change my configuration for now so I will use the PC. I had telemetry off but I turned it on with the radio's integration.

PostPosted: Wed 13. May 2020 8:51:46 
Site Admin

Hello,

unfortunately it is hard to remember what is your setup, for this reason please do not create new thread or add details about your setup.

This will help us.

Consumed capacity could be zero if you are trying it at the bench with no blades, same as current.

PostPosted: Mon 18. May 2020 22:22:25 

Sorry Tomas kind of getting used to this forum instead of Helifreak. I think both buttons to start a new thread and a reply to this thread are together. Will keep it on this thread.

My setup is a Hobbywing 80A v4, Spektrum 4649T telemetry receiver and a Spektrum DX9. I am running the very latest firmware on the Hobbywing and on the DX9.

I kept the ESC page open while I was flying and I also enabled telemetry voice alerts every thirty seconds. Yes, I am aware I won't get mAH consumed unless the motor is running. I still got 0 mAH consumed while on flight. I keep flying to timer.

PostPosted: Tue 19. May 2020 11:06:20 
Site Admin

And what about Current? Can you see this?

If no, then it can't work.

If yes, then please try reconfigure I-Shunt Motor parameter to default 100%.

PostPosted: Tue 19. May 2020 15:51:59 

Hello Javier,

i've just checked with mine (as i did play around with Spirit ;))... the easiest way to see if Esc telemetry is really working is battery voltage ('Volts') in Esc telemetry screen (iX12 in my case, should be same with DX9 iirc). 'mAh used' only under real load (even nothing during bench-run without blades in my case), the same story with current. and 'throttle%' seems to come from Spirit itself (Spirit's throttle out channel, not Esc's throttle in). but battery voltage is a clear indicator... if it does not show you the main bat V => telemetry not working. i've connected Esc telemetry cable on/off and checked....

NB: ... and blades off during bench tests ;)

PostPosted: Wed 11. Nov 2020 22:06:22 

Just to circle back. I think I fixed it and it was my mistake. I should have read the manual better, but it's just that you have to click on every single link to read the whole story. What happened was that I was not setting up the telemetry sensors on the radio per the manual. It has to be very specific in which order each sensor is configured. I had done an Auto-Config and that is why it was not working. I crashed my 420 a while ago and it sits unrepaired but I tried it on my 570 which also has a v4 Hobbywing ESC and it works fine.