It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 2:29:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 16. May 2020 19:36:40 

I had a crash today due to programming RTH. RTH actuation button actuated in place. Swashplate briefly acknowledged this with a twitch. Then the helicopter takes off and flies perfectly! Geolink height limit switch actuated. Heli no longer responds to inputs on the transmitter and goes crazy. Height limit switched off has unfortunately not changed anything. Helicopter not controllable .. SOS !! only option in this situation was engine off. Heli lands in a moderate gait in the field with relatively less damage. Tail tube bent and 1 servo gear in the ass. Can someone tell me what that was? Got the geolink to keep from crashing, so instead I crash?
Log File from Spirit shows numerous entries with Main Programm Loop

PostPosted: Sun 17. May 2020 11:55:40 
Site Admin

Hello,

that is very sad.
Is your helicopter equipped with belt?

Programming RTH position has no effect on the behavior. Do you have any photo with GeoLink mounted at the boom?
Is GeoLink connected with supplied cable?

Was GeoLink working properly previously or was there a similar issue previously?

Main Loop Hang occured mean the Spirit unit was unable to operate properly unfortunately. So something went wrong at the time it happened.

PostPosted: Sun 17. May 2020 20:24:45 

The helicopter is belt-driven at the rear. The Geolink is mounted with a plastic holder at a sufficient distance from the rear servo and connected to the Spirit with the original cable. There had been no problems before. The Spirit got out immediately after starting when the altitude limit was switched on.
I now go back to firmware 2.80 !

PostPosted: Mon 18. May 2020 7:12:55 
Site Admin

Yes, we always recommend to use firmware that is our latest one at the web site.
Could you provide all information about your model please? What was previously used version?

Starting with Altitude Limit on is not recommended. Helicopter could lift off without any control of collective pitch - especially if it is under configured low altitude treshold. Please engage Altitude Limit only when model is flying.

PostPosted: Wed 20. May 2020 6:07:11 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, we always recommend to use firmware that is our latest one at the web site.
Could you provide all information about your model please? What was previously used version?

Starting with Altitude Limit on is not recommended. Helicopter could lift off without any control of collective pitch - especially if it is under configured low altitude treshold. Please engage Altitude Limit only when model is flying.

I used firmware 3.0.0 on Spirit and 1.1.0 on Geolink. Of course, I only switch on the height limit when I have enough height. I did everything right and it can only be due to the software which is why I flashed again to version 2.8.