It is currently Tue 14. May 2024 6:19:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:58:21 
Site Admin

So first from all, you should check General tab in the software and see, if there is Receiver type: PWM right now.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 23:07:42 

Ok, thx again for all your time. I know your quite busy. I am using the driver linked on the spirit website as I had read about the bricked units. I have windows 7 on my Mac installed in a boot camp partition but I haven't used it since I don't have a proxy extension on any installed browser and I am unable to access spirit website from my home IP address ( perhaps comcast problem). Anyway maybe I can work on that issue so I can install spirit software in windows.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 23:14:02 

Oh yes I am aware of bypassing the wizard and I'm back to trying dsmx/2 since a conventional rx didn't help so that's what is set now. I only meant that there didn't seem much point in going further since diagnostic tab shows no response from my stick movement with the sat bound. Sorry if that was confusing.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 23:18:14 
Site Admin

No problem.

Only thing you need for working PWM connection is at least one connected channel (for example rudder channel).
You should always see channel movement in the diagnostics tab. So if you click Factory settings button, it should simply work with default settings after you reconnect the battery.

Only thing you can do wrong are incorrectly oriented cables.

For spektrum satellites there is nothing you can do wrong, only correct Receiver type is needed at least.
If satellite LED is ON (steady) then it transmitting data to the unit.

With default transmitter settings it should all work without any issue.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 23:37:19 

well here is the data file. should show dsmx as rx type since that is what i have been trying last. thx Ed

Attachments:
Mini-p (spirit data).4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 75 times

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 12:51:06 
Site Admin

It seems all OK.
Unfortunately for now, I can't tell you more.
It is very strange that any input from RX do not work.

In case it is problem in the unit, then something must be burned in the processor. But if you are sure that connector were connected properly all the time, then it must be something else.
Nobody from hundreds of customers reported same issue, so it is very interesting.

We can check your unit if you wish.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 14:10:09 

Last nite I installed proxy extension on browser for windows7 on my imac and installed spirit software. I then successfully re-flashed the unit with 1.0.25.1 bin file from spirit site and tried again. Unfortunately the results are the same. Spirit Initializes properly, shows connected to the software, and with a properly bound sat or full receiver it simply does not see inputs from the DX9. I have always thought this was likely to be a configuration problem, but I dont know what else to look for. I have always used great care to ensure proper polarity when connecting cables to spirit and it seems impossible to have caused this since I did not remove and replace any cables from the time of the initial setup (which was successful) and the time I powered the unit with throttle set to high for esc programming. The unit was always powered with the bec from my esc so i always simply connected main battery and bec plug remained connected to aux port on spirit. I have confirmed bec output remains 6.0 volts. Do you think there would be any value to performing the re-flashing procedure that was suggested for mac users that inadvertently bricked there units? I know this appears to be different since the spirit is still initializing. Thanks again for the great support. it is very much appreciated. Ed

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 14:23:02 
Site Admin

Thanks for your info.

For OSX users all should be same, reflashing will not change any value so it shouldn't help.
Very interesting is, that the unit is communicating with satellite (binding process work) so it can't be broken in any way mechanically.
So it seem to me as if transmitter simply do not update channels. Some better transmitters are able to disable transmission, but if you are sure that with current TX profile you can move with e.g. servo (from the receiver) then it should be OK.
Can you try to spin up the motor with satellite now?

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 14:31:38 

Yes i agree it is very interesting that the spirit can tell the sat to enter bind mode proving there is at least some communication occurring. I am unsure how to spin up motor since the ESC wont arm. remember this was the original problem I was addressing when the more significant issue started. I dont think the esc is seeing the reequired low throttle input to arm.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 14:48:50 
Site Admin

Well, you can try to flash older firmware (just for test).
You can download it here: http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw/spirit-fw-1.0.24.1.bin
and software: http://spirit-system.com/dl/settings/sp ... -win32.exe

I recommend to flash it through 1.0.25.1 and after it is done you can start older one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next