It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 10:47:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 16:33:03 

Eddie I'm no expert but silly question you haven't enabled bailout and have your giro with a negative setting?

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 18:24:58 

Thx for the input Ritch. I am certainly open to all suggestions. I did set up acro bailout during my first time thru the software. I had a momentary switch that commands a negative tail gain value and it seemed to be working perfectly on the bench. Since it is on a mix commanded by a momentary switch. the tail gain is set to 58 I believe as a starting point when the switch is not being held down. This is confirmed by the tx monitor screen. So I don't think that is the problem. But please let me know if I'm not thinking about tho right. Ed.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:04:06 

Ok. I just set up with a conventional receiver and switched to pwm on the general tab saved it and found the same results. The sensor will move the servos when the heli is moved but the transmitter inputs do not. Diagnostic also shows no movement as well. Any other ideas would be appreciated

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:08:24 
Site Admin

Can you connect any servo to your receiver directly?
Then you should be able to move with the servo with some stick.
It seems that TX/RX connection is not correct.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:29:52 

Yes, I was beginning to think the same thing or that the data file I had made in the dx9 was corrupt. So I reinstalled the rx in the airplane I had borrowed it from and hooked up the servos and left it bound to the mini p model. All of the servos responded to stick movements. Just out of curiosity I powered up my other helis with there respective models selected in the dx9 and they all behave normally ( they. Are all bx or bd3sx). So my tx and receivers are functional. Perhaps I have some setting that the spirit does not like. I think I will now create a new model in the Dx9 and start over. I'm afraid I am running out of ideas.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:35:52 
Site Admin

Thanks for the info.

Maybe there is some simple issue.

Can you attach there your current Spirit profile?
Do you use Banks?

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:45:04 

2 more quick questions if you don't mind. Would there be any value in deleting and reinstalling the spirit software or re flashing the firmware (bin file) for ver 1.0.25.1? Also when I first observed this I was trying to make the esc enter program mode, will spirit send a throttle signal if it initialized when the stick was in high. I know some units don't and must be initialized with low throttle first?

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:52:14 

I'm happy to send the profile but you might remember I returned the unit to default settings and started the setup wizard again so I don't know what it will show since I can't go beyond pg 3. I did not set up any banks. Also I agree there would seem to be something simple that I have missed. Just don't know what

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:53:34 
Site Admin

All values are stored in the unit after flashing any firmware.

The unit is able to send throttle signal right after power up, so you should be able to enter program mode.
It is very strange error as if your receiver type is configured to very different one that is used.

If your unit is new, it comes already with 1.0.25.1 firmware. Be sure you are using correct driver in OSX, else it can brick the unit during flash procedure (fortunately it is possible to fix bricked unit). So if you are not sure, I recommend to flash it under Windows or Linux. There are major bugs in driver for OSX that we are unable to fix, but with linked driver from the manual it should be fine.

For now, even 1.0.25.1 firmware is reported as 1.0.25 in the software to avoid possible confusion.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Dec 2014 22:56:47 
Site Admin

It is not needed to pass wizard, you can set any parameter even if you are not in the wizard.

Be sure that after you change receiver type, you must always save the settings to the unit and reconnect the battery.
If settings are not saved it will return all values to previously configured.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next