It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:37:34

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sevro Reverse
PostPosted: Tue 11. Nov 2014 10:02:15 

Hi can anyone help!!
I have just fitted a Spirit to my Prtos 500, which as you may no has elv servo is at the front and pit/ail at the rear.

I have never figured out which is the pit and which is ail, when asking advise i have been told is does not matter as you can reverse the direction in the transmiter.

Im just setting up my Spirit and now when i push right Ail stick the swash is moving in the wrong direction ie; left side down (rear view) if i revesre the ali in the transmiter all is good, can i leave it reversed or do i need to swap pit/ail plugs over (this will be a pian to swap).

Regards Alan

Post subject: Re: Sevro Reverse
PostPosted: Tue 11. Nov 2014 10:42:11 
Site Admin

Hi,

first from all, you have to know, whether your receiver channels are connected correctly.
For this, you do not need to connect any servo yet.

This can be determined in the diagnostics tab. You can simply start the software and check this tab.
You have to get into state when your aileron stick movement matching with aileron channel there, as well as elevator, pitch, rudder, gyro.
Direction does not matter at this time.

After it is done, you can start to determine where your servos should be connected.
Rudder servo is pretty easy, it should go to CH4 always.
Elevator servo (middle) should go always to CH2.
And now, aileron and pitch servo should go to CH1 and CH3 positions.
It does not matter which one, you only want to get into the state, that when you are moving with collective, cyclic should move with all servos in same direction.
You still shouldn't care about direction of any channel.
If you do not want to swap aileron and pitch servos, you can reverse servos in the software (General tab or Wizard).

Last step is to get correct direction of TX channels, this should be done in your transmitter (reverse ail/ele/pit/rud channels to get correct movement of your cyclic).

After this, you should be done.

Post subject: Re: Sevro Reverse
PostPosted: Tue 11. Nov 2014 17:28:43 

Think im sorted now thanks to your reply, for some reason i had got it in my head that you shouldn't use servo reverse in TM when using a Spirit System, but it was the only way i could get everything moving as it should.

Regards Alan