It is currently Sun 16. Jun 2024 15:53:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 30. Mar 2019 12:39:51 

Hello,

I have Trex 450 Pro, with Spirit system FBL controller and GeoLink mounted. In Spirit STABI settings, I have enabled Coaxial mode option and in GeoLink settings in Aid tab I have enabled position and altitude hold. GeoLink was calibrated successfully and I can see the steady blue light on it few seconds after the heli is switched on, which I guess means GeoLink position is determined successfully. So far I did not assign any channel to GeoLink, but my idea is to have the position and altitude hold turned on all the time anyway.

Today I lifted off successfully and it's flying well. The only thing that I have noticed is that the heli is in attitude mode, not holding position and not holding altitude. When I release my hands from the radio, the heli starts to slightly drift, and to change altitude, depending on the wind etc.

Please is there some more settings I need to apply in order to turn on the position and altitude hold function?

Maybe even some settings other than related to GeoLink, to make heli even more stable in hovering?

Thx,
Denis

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 7:20:22 
Site Admin

Hello,

you have to look at the Aid tab to verify which feature is engaged.
If Altitude and Position Hold are Active then it should work.

It is not necessary to assign any channel if you are able to engage the Coaxial mode. If both features are just enabled it should be all fine.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 7:52:25 

Hello,

I have checked both position/alt hold in GeoLink settings, then assigned CH5 to F:Stabi in Channels settings in Spirit, so as soon as I switch on Stabi (which is set to Stabilization in settings), I see position/alt hold as ACTIVE in GeoLink Aid tab. This works now, great, thanks!

I would also like to use RTH GeoLink feature. I have checked RTH in GeoLink Aid tab and it also reads as Active in Aid tab, when I switch Stabi function on, via my radio over CH5. Now when heli is in the air, how is the RTH being initiated, do I need to assign additional channel (which is actually not possible as Spirit has only one free channel, CH5 which is already used for F:Stabi) or how?

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 7:59:22 
Site Admin

Unfortunately I dont know any detail about your model and settings, if you can provide your 4ds file it will be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 8:32:42 

Hi,

I have Trex 450 Pro and I have attached my current Spirit settings. Please take a look.

The question is, what exactly is triggering RTH when heli is in the air? Do I need to trigger it from my radio (for instance to assign one more channel to some switch - which I can't as in Spirit settings I see only CH5 as free and I have assigned it already to F:Stabi) or RTH is triggered somehow automatically (for instance when heli gets out of range or something?

Attachments:
2019_04_02_Spirit_Settings.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 31 times

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 17:51:19 

Today I tried my heli and while been in the air, I have switched CH5 on to activate Stabi and position/altitude hold...

However, as soon as I switched CH5 on (via switch on my radio), in order to activate Stabi and GeoLink position/alt hold, heli started to descend very fast, straight down, and landed very hard on skids! Luckily I wasn't on high altitude at that moment, so this hard landing did not break anything.

When I test in on the ground, switch the CH5 on my radio, in order to activate Stabi/GeoLink (position/alt hold), the collective pitch range gets very very narrow, it's impossible even to lift off like that.

Without engaging CH5 (Stabi/GeoLink), the heli flies smooth and quite stable (being in pure atti mode) and everything seems to be normal, so I would say thay heli mechanics is set up right..

Please help, obviously there's some settings that I've made wrong?

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 18:15:20 

What transmitter are you using, how many channels
You can assign a different channel and switch to each geolink function in the spirit channels tab as long as you have enough channels on your radio
You appear to be trying to activate all geolink functions using the stabi mode which will not work as the modes will clash

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 22:25:56 

Hi,

I'm using Turnigy 9x radio (9 channels) along with Turnigy receiver (8 channels). I have plenty of free channels on radio and receiver side, but I don't see where to connect additonal servo leads on Spirit side, as on Spirit side there's only one free servo slot (gyro gain) and that one is already used for activating STABI.

Regarding GeoLink, I have only checked "position hold" and "altitude hold" in GeoLink setting Aid tab. Are maybe these two in collision? Or there's some wrong parameter I'm using there? By switching STABI on, I expected that heli will stay in the air, keeping current position and altitude. However it's strange what happened - so when I turned on the switch to activate Stabi (which activates GeoLink position and attitude hold automatically) - heli immediatelly lowered the collective and went straight down towards the ground.
Is there any idea what did I do wrong in settings?

PostPosted: Wed 03. Apr 2019 11:22:00 

You don't need to connect a servo you can go into settings on the Spirit and assign as many channels as you want

PostPosted: Wed 03. Apr 2019 11:23:31 

http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... nk_channel