It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:28:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 30. Sep 2014 1:40:48 

During normal flight my tail holds ok. But during bailout tail doesn't not hold. After bailout finished tail goes back to holding fine.
Trex700dfc
My rudder gain is set @ 41.5%
Bailout set to 90%, but it should still hold.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue 30. Sep 2014 7:36:07 
Site Admin

Hello,

could you check the diagnostics tab, there should be Gyro Gain value.
For both normal flight and the rescue there should be approximately same gain.

In case of tail blowout there should be event recorded in the flight low - rudder limit reached.
That means that your tail mechanics is not able to compensate such big forces.
You can lower your collective pitch for the rescue, increase tail limits (if possible), increase rudder efficiency (with e.g. higher head speed).

PostPosted: Wed 01. Oct 2014 13:27:01 

41% for your tail rudder gain on a 700 seems very low. My 450 uses 41% right now. I could be wrong but it sounds like your tail gain is much too low

PostPosted: Mon 13. Oct 2014 14:47:20 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

could you check the diagnostics tab, there should be Gyro Gain value.
For both normal flight and the rescue there should be approximately same gain.

In case of tail blowout there should be event recorded in the flight low - rudder limit reached.
That means that your tail mechanics is not able to compensate such big forces.
You can lower your collective pitch for the rescue, increase tail limits (if possible), increase rudder efficiency (with e.g. higher head speed).

Ok I checked log....
the log does show rudder limit reached

also I think I misunderstand how to setup bailout mix.
In diagnostic tab
normal is 41 HL%
bailout is 101 HL+F

I thought bailout was any rudder value negative.
So I set my mix in dx9:
Ger>GYR
rate: -101% 0%
offset -101%
switch I

I need help setting up mix that triggers bailout (negative gyro value) but still holds rudder?

PostPosted: Mon 13. Oct 2014 15:03:14 

Ok i read in the Helifreak forum:

Quote:
If your going to be using your Gyro Switch for Rescue there are no mixes involved to invoke Rescue. You just need to set a negative value to the position you want Rescue to be activated.
Choose a negative value that is the same value as the positive value your using for normal HH flight. ie , if you fly with 55 HH , then -55 is what you want to achieve. Check the values in the software as I had to adjust the end points to achieve a -100 , 100 travel in the software then adjust the TX accordingly.

Rescue needs to be same value but negative. ok i know how to setup that mix. I did misunderstand b4. How I had it set up, I had no rudder on bailout b4. And that explains everything - user error.
I'll play with finding a good tail value, but all least i now know whatever i settle on the bailout mix should be that number negative.

LOL i almost brought a new tail servo. Works in diagnostics page. I'll check in flight later today.

PostPosted: Mon 13. Oct 2014 15:49:58 

I use no Mixer with the dx9. At gyro settings add a switch (Button I) and you can set two vallues, 60% and -60%, and Ltrim to change the vallues

PostPosted: Tue 14. Oct 2014 20:16:45 

Ok guys, problem solved. Test flight was successful

My negative value (-101%), was too negative. -41% on mix for bailout was great, tail doesnt blow out on rescue now.

Jman841 wrote:
41% for your tail rudder gain on a 700 seems very low. My 450 uses 41% right now. I could be wrong but it sounds like your tail gain is much too low

When I do backwards tail leading circles, transitioning to up right funnels - anything over 41% tail gyro gain gives me tail shudders. If I fly around nose leading forward flight I can go higher gyro gain. Also the spirit software/firmware multiplies tail gyro based on heli size, right?

capsaicin wrote:
I use no Mixer with the dx9. At gyro settings add a switch (Button I) and you can set two vallues, 60% and -60%, and Ltrim to change the vallues

I use mix because I like bailout button to be the momentary trainer button on dx9. Press button bailout, release normal flight. I psychically moved the button to gear postition
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/1 ... -on-my-DX8