It is currently Sun 16. Jun 2024 6:02:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Bank setup
PostPosted: Sat 04. Mar 2017 6:14:26 

I'm sorry but I just cannot get my head around the bank set ups. I've set up 4 Spirits but all to default 0Bank. Please can somebody in real easy baby steps :roll: take me through the setup.
I have a TRex 500 flying beautifully via a DX9 and 2 DSMX sats on version 2.3.1
What I'd like to do is have switch E (3 points) set so that position 0 =std, 1=scale stabilisation & 2=flight style; so these can be changed independent of the flight mode, as this will end up in a fuse. I have assigned switch E to 7 Aux2 in the Channel Input Config in the Tx.
When I go into the software I assign Bank to channel 7 then in the Function columns is the top position left unassigned as well as the right channel block?
The middle(2) function position assign to scale stabilisation and the adjacent channel I assign to what?
The last (3)function potions is assigned to Flight style and the adjacent channel I assign to what?
I presume I also need to put switch E on Tx into the respective position when set each function/channel.

Sorry I feel like a real idiot but I just seem to be missing something here and just cannot get my head around it. I have read the manual and Goggle searched but not worked it out :oops:
Thanks for any help, will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Bank setup
PostPosted: Sat 04. Mar 2017 7:09:39 

I'm fairly new to Spirit, but will try and help you. To me, it seems you're crossing Banks with Functions. While you can setup a Bank 0 with what you currently have and then flip to a 2nd bank for Scale Stabilization, your desire for the 3rd switch setting of Flight Style shouldn't be done by a 3rd bank (Bank 2) unless you want a specific Flight Style setting and and not for use with your "Standard" mode and Stability mode.

I think you should set up a separate 2 way switch on Channel 7 that flips between 2 banks to trigger Scale Stabilization on and off, and then have your channel 8 assigned to a rotary dial for Flight Style control and that would provide you the complete range of Flight Style settings while in both Standard and Stability modes.

PostPosted: Sat 04. Mar 2017 7:48:10 

Correct, first of all Banks are another thing from RTT (Real Time Tuning) .

Don't even understand what you mean with "Bank 2=Flight style", ryguy76 guessed about RTT, was he right? Why would you need a bank like that?

Just talking about your Banks 0 and 1, to have it like you want, assign Channel 7 to Bank switching in Channels, like you did, left part of the screen.

Then check in Diagnostic if your TX is commanding the bank change correctly.

Then, to setup the values in Spirit, to change the Bank you are operating with, you don't use the TX, you use the listbox in the lower right corner.

Go to Bank 1, Stabi tab, and select "Stabilization (scale)".

Now, your radio switch should modify Channel 7 to change Bank, but ALSO modify your Gyro channel so that it's positive for Bank 0 and negative for Bank 1, so to activate the Stabi mode.

When your Banks are active, in the Backup tab you have an additional button to compare the settings of the Banks and tell you which are the differences, to spot any mistake.

PostPosted: Wed 08. Mar 2017 11:04:37 

Thanks for posting the reply's, sorry I haven't been able to respond earlier, life sometimes gets in the way.
Yes, I think I am confusing banks and functions. So I maybe able to change between Normal rescue (Bank0), "Stabilization (scale)"on Bank1 and maybe Stabilization(Acro) on Bank2 as these are all the same "function"(or do it on a two position switch with no Bank2).
If I was to do this I would leave position 0 unassigned in the Channel window but assign position 2 to "Stabilization (scale)" but I still don't understand what I need to assign the far right 'channel' ,adjacent to the Stabilization (scale) column, to ? Hope this makes sense as I don't have the setup in front of me-away with work!