It is currently Tue 14. May 2024 20:00:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 18. Feb 2017 8:30:23 

This problem most likely has been addressed before, however, I haven't found the answer to my problem. I am new at setting up RC helicopters and I recently removed an AR7210bx from my Gaui X3. The throttle and all other channels were operating OK with the AR7210bx.

After going through the Spirit setup, my Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 50 ESC will initialize with the high stick process but will not initialize after performing the low stick initialization process. I lowered the travel level to 30 and raised it toward the top limit of 150 and did not get the tone or change in the flashing light on the ESC. What am I not doing correct? I have been searching for the solution for two days. Please help me get flying safely.

PostPosted: Sat 18. Feb 2017 9:46:21 

Check the Spirit Diagnostic screen: does the bar move correctly corresponding to the throttle stick (put a regular 0-100 throttle curve in your TX to test that)?

It could be your throttle channel is reversed.

Disconnect the motor for testing!

PS: do not really understand what you mean by highy stick and low stick "process". Calibration?

PostPosted: Sat 18. Feb 2017 10:02:13 
Site Admin

I think that the problem is with the Throttle range.

By moving the General/ Throttle/Gov / Throttle Range - Min it can be fixed. I recommend to disassemble blades for this setting.

PostPosted: Sat 18. Feb 2017 10:58:32 

[quote="ZeXx86"]I think that the problem is with the Throttle range.

By moving the General/ Throttle/Gov / Throttle Range - Min it can be fixed. I recommend to disassemble blades for this setting.

Sorry, but where can I adjust the Throttle Range?
I get my motor working due to plug in the output of the Castle Talon directly in the receiver.
But I'm afraid of low voltage in the Spirit now...
In deed, the configuration is not really clear...

PostPosted: Sat 18. Feb 2017 12:16:11 
Site Admin

The problem is caused, because your previous FBL unit has programmed different throttle range.
When you are switching to another FBL unit, you have to either recalibrate your ESC or to learn the unit same range as you have used previously.
Because what was previously 0% is not really 0%, and what 100% is not 100%. The % value is converted to microsecond values always, in each unit.

In our FBL unit you can change these values to match it.

so you have to start the software and change it.
Go to the General/ Throttle/Gov / Throttle Range - Min there you can move with the value.
These settings is very similar in each unit.

In any way, the best way is to put your ESC to default settings. This will make good starting point, same as you have had with the AR7210BX. Now it is programmed for your AR7210BX, but unfortunately not the Spirit.