It is currently Sat 11. May 2024 10:19:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 05. Nov 2016 4:35:53 

On Page 44 of the Spirit Manual, you suggest that the gain should be 130% for larger helicopters.
I am assuming you mean that the Common gain should be set to 1.3x ??? Since the range goes from 1.00x to 1.50x

What Common Gain do you recommend for a 700 Nitro Machine?

While testing, I was using 1.00x multiplier for a 700 Nitro machine, I was unable to get the tail to wag at Rudder gain 70% HL verified on the diagnostic screen.

Approximately(I know every machine is different,servos,gear ratio, etc. etc) what gain amount should you expect in the Diagnostic screen that will begin to wag the tail. I would imagine 80 and 90% tail gain is considered rather high?

Hopefully you can explain rudder Common Gain a little more So I can understand how it interacts with actually rudder gain?

Thnx..

Post subject: Re: Rudder Common Gain
PostPosted: Sat 05. Nov 2016 12:50:35 
Site Admin

Hello,

Rudder Common Gain is nothing more than multiplier of the Rudder Gain you will set in your transmitter.
It is there because with bigger helicopters you can set even 100% Rudder Gain and it is still not enough to reach the optimal gain.

So because you can set more Rudder Gain, there is possibility to make the same value more responsive.

Because it is quite normal on helicopter we recommend to set at least Rudder Common Gain to 1.3x (130%).

Example:
Rudder Gain at 70% with Rudder Common Gain at 1.0x will result in 70% gain.
Rudder Gain at 70% with Rudder Common Gain at 1.3x will result in 91% gain, because 70 * 1.3 = 91.

You can try to increase gain in your transmitter as high as possible without any oscillation in e.g. fast forward flight or pitch pumps.
If you will reach 100% gain without any oscillation, then you will definitively need Rudder Common Gain higher than 1.0x.

So you can simply increase in steps (2-5%) and check the result.

Post subject: Re: Rudder Common Gain
PostPosted: Sun 06. Nov 2016 3:42:58 

Thanks for the clarification..