It is currently Sat 11. May 2024 20:40:34

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 30. Oct 2016 4:04:28 

I'm having a hard tail bounce when stopping after right pirouettes after updating to v2.1. The the helicopter will bounce about 45-70 degrees after I come out of a right rudder spin. I've tried everything I can think of to correct the problem. I changed the pirouette consistency from 160 to 185, and I tried the rudder neutral setup from dead center to so so far to the right that the left pirouette would bounce on stops too. The rudder dynamic was changed multiple times too. The tail performance would change dramatically with all the setting I tried but the only thing that was consistent was the tail bounce after right pirouettes. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions. Things were working fine before v2.1.
Helicopter is a goblin 380.

PostPosted: Sun 30. Oct 2016 12:55:20 
Site Admin

Hello,

can you send me your settings, please?
You can upload it here:
http://4dsviewer.spirit-system.com

It is quite strange that it started with 2.1, since this version should actually make it much better.
Increasing Pirouette consistency can make it more noticeable, similarly as increased Rudder dynamic.

45-70° is really very, very bad - it looks like a rudder limit is very small to such side.
When you enable Subtrim (tuning), your tail servo arm must be at the center position, while tail blades closer to the boom so there is approx. 3-4° angle.
Rudder limits not more than 150 for each side - if they are higher, than you will need to put ball linkage further on the servo arm.

You can do a simple test, by downgrading to the previous version to make sure, that it is really caused by the firmware which I guess is only coincidence.
Usually when helicopter was not flying for longer time, mechanics can "freeze". But cleaning tail shaft can solve the problem.

PostPosted: Wed 02. Nov 2016 1:27:07 

It has been a little while since I've flown this Heli but I thoroughly cleaned and oiled everything thing before updating and flying. I'm beginning to suspect that there may be an issue with my tail servo. I'll try and get this sorted out and post my findings here.

PostPosted: Wed 02. Nov 2016 9:37:05 
Site Admin

Thank you.

The easiest thing you can try is to downgrade and verify how it is working.