It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 15:34:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 06. Oct 2016 21:02:41 

Hi,

I started to fly my new heli 700x dominator, after a setup flight I realized an error message as "Main Loop Hang Occured".
I've searched a little for this and I learned that electronic interference may cause this.
Is there anyone who had this and fixed with an absolute solution?
And is it safe to fly with it?

Here is my log from previous flight:

PostPosted: Thu 06. Oct 2016 21:40:54 
Site Admin

Hello,

can you send more details about your setup?
What receiver, protocol, BEC you are using?

Do you remember what happened at time when the event was logged? Did you performed some configuration or it was just only flight?

PostPosted: Thu 06. Oct 2016 22:11:20 

Hello,

I'm using Hobbywing 130a hv esc rebranded as Align, align servos, align 850mx motor, 2 of brand new spektrum dsmx satellites,
2000rpm headspeed, it was not a hard flight, iwas a setup flight which consist of flips, stall turns, a few tic tocs.
But I did not realize anything during the flight, everything was perfect. I get back home and plugged heli into computer for making fine tuning, I wondered if any vibration alert occured or not. I relized that error message.
Is it safe to fly in this condition?

PostPosted: Fri 07. Oct 2016 8:09:30 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the details!

I recommend just to verify if there is a good connection with Spektrum satellites.
Do you use internal or external governor or telemetry? Is there some special peripheral?

If you can take a photo of the unit with connected cables, it would be the best.
Maybe we can find something.

Is it Spirit or Spirit Pro?

Have a nice day!

PostPosted: Fri 07. Oct 2016 8:40:22 

Hello,

I'm using spirit pro's governor with esc's rpm output. The satellite connections are solid, and there is no add-on peripheral such as telemetry or logger.
I'm out of home now, as soon as I turn back to home I'm going to post a photo of heli in detail.

I want to ask something about gathering logs.
I went to fly, and after I flied with it I turned back to home. Surely, I plugged batteries before fly and unplugged after flight before I drive to my home.
And then, I plugged the batteries again at home, then I think that I have never tried failsafe on this heli although I had set it up, I turned off the transmitter, failsafe took over and I turned on the transmitter, and system was alive again. Then I connected to the computer and got the log file.
Here is my answer; Is the log file that spirit generated about my flight? or is it about the time I plugged batteries for last time?
Thanks,
Have a nice day ;)

PostPosted: Fri 07. Oct 2016 12:19:08 
Site Admin

Hello,

if some problem with high importance occur, the log is saved to the memory. Then it is there all the time and other flights will not rewrite it until you will see it.

So theoretically it could be not from the last flight, but it probably happened before.

On the other hand, if the Failsafe is activated, it will be logged and saved too. You will see a message about lost receiver signal.

PostPosted: Fri 07. Oct 2016 18:04:53 
Site Admin

It is also possible that main loop hang event could be from the RPM signal.
If you will notice that there is again such event, I recommend to try to disconnect the cable and verify without it (with Gov Off).

Then we will see. But usually normally there are not such problems so I hope that everything is OK.

PostPosted: Fri 07. Oct 2016 19:31:40 

ZeXx86 wrote:
So theoretically it could be not from the last flight, but it probably happened before.

So let's hope that it was from the time spent on the bench for setup :)

I took logs again and as you mentioned "receiver signal lost" error message is shown because of failsafe in my latest logs.

The photos of wiring as follows, I'm sorry that it is not a very clean setup :roll: 700x wiring is a little hard. Everything get closer on the front side of the heli. Esc, motor and the fbl unit are so close to each other. But the rest of the helicopter is super clean of wiring ;)

Do you think that should I give more clearance to a spesific cable respect to these photos?

ZeXx86 wrote:
It is also possible that main loop hang event could be from the RPM signal.
If you will notice that there is again such event, I recommend to try to disconnect the cable and verify without it (with Gov Off).

Then we will see. But usually normally there are not such problems so I hope that everything is OK.

Okay, I can give it a try. I did not noticed anything weird at last flight, and as you mentioned that it could be somehow before my last flight, but if it occurs again, is it a reason for crash or losing control of heli?

PostPosted: Sat 08. Oct 2016 14:55:03 
Site Admin

Thank you for the photos.
No problem, it is looking well.

No, you should never loose the control even if these messages will occur.

PostPosted: Sat 08. Oct 2016 18:16:09 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you for the photos.
No problem, it is looking well.

No, you should never loose the control even if these messages will occur.

Great, I flied 4 times with it today and logs are only full of good health messages,
Probably it was from past, on the bench while setting it up.
Thanks for your quick and continuous support ;)