It is currently Fri 17. May 2024 1:22:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2016 20:53:29 

Hi

I would just like to clarify my understanding of the Real Time Tuning (RTT) function in 2.1 and its interaction with the Spirit Settings s/ware, I also have some basic questions about how to use it.

For the sake of this question; lets say I RTT the piro consistency value, in the Spirit I have this set to 170, during some flights using RTT I finally think that 190 is a good value - of course during flights I have no idea that I've reached 190 because there is no transmitter feedback that tells me this number. Assume I'm using a potentiometer / dial on the TX to get 190 via RTT.

I've only just read the manual - not tried it myself for real yet.

Question 1:
How do I know I reached 190 for the piro-consistency? Apparently the Spirit Settings disregards the TX and RTT stuff when its active, so how will I know what the final piro consistency value should be set to?

Question 2:
What happens when I *un-assign* the channel for piro consistency RTT using Spirit Settings s/ware? What will the Spirit FBL have for the piro consistency value at this point? I presume 170 right? I'm confused because the manual seems to say that the RTT takes highest priority, but not if the Spirit Setting s/ware is connected - the RTT value is stored somewhere.

Just want to be sure before I start using it

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2016 21:04:27 

I'm not sure 100% myself so maybe Tomas can explain a bit more.
However I did use the TX knob to dial in gov gains this weekend. What I plan to do is connect the Spirit to the PC and note down the values when the knobs are at the dialled in spot from the channel assignment page. Then I will unassign the channel and enter the values in the gov tab.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2016 21:28:36 

Yeah, but what gets me is this in the manual - which suggests you won't see the actual real value:

"This functionality is enabled only when the configuration software is not connected. This will prevent from a possible collisions. As soon as the software is disconnected, selected parameter is configured by the channel value."

quoted from : http://wiki.spirit-system.com/index.php ... H_THE_UNIT

PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2016 21:29:18 

I guess I could just get off my backside and try it...

PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2016 21:45:14 

You can see the actual value in the channel assignment section but not in the actual value location. For example the gov value could be seen in the channel assignment but not on the gov tab. There was the old value.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Sep 2016 7:24:45 
Site Admin

1. When you return from flying with tuned parameter by RTT, you will just start the software and then there will be the value that you have tuned as described in the manual in next sentences. So the value will be immediately configured as the Pirouette Consistency.
You will also see the value in the Channels window. Then you can unassign the parameter and you are done.

2. There will be still value of 190. Because RTT is overwriting the original value all the time (until software is started). But even if you start the software, unit will not change its memory content so it will be just as it was at 190.

PostPosted: Tue 13. Sep 2016 8:40:36 

Tomas, as its not really clear, what value is taken and usability is one of your key goals, I vote for grayed out parameter value on selected tab with display of actual value from RTT. In this case user is not able to change value in tab but will see actual value and will know, value for this parameter is taken from somewhere else (like RTT).

If I use RTT, this value is taken in real time for selected parameter, tab value itself has no meaning as overwritten in real time.
Can you confirm:
If I open Software, go into Channel assignment, deselect RTT assignment and do a bank save, this current RTT-value is stored as new Tab parameter value into active bank. All what's required now is setting it for all other banks if desired.

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /

PostPosted: Fri 16. Sep 2016 7:45:26 
Site Admin

Hi,

when software is opened, then value is always taken just from the memory of the unit (not RTT). So in this case, it is not overwritten and you have possibility to set a different value to any parameter (even that it is assigned for tuning).

Quote:
If I open Software, go into Channel assignment, deselect RTT assignment and do a bank save, this current RTT-value is stored as new Tab parameter value into active bank

Yes, I can confirm it.

We will try to find the best solution to make it more clear.

PostPosted: Fri 16. Sep 2016 7:54:56 

If you have banks enabled it's easy to see the change once RTT is disabled by hitting the bank compare button.