Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 27. Aug 2016 21:13:26 

-0% is what diagnostic shows for throttle hold

PostPosted: Tue 30. Aug 2016 0:44:00 

any new advice???

PostPosted: Tue 30. Aug 2016 8:54:31 
Site Admin

Hi,

please try to reduce Spoolup Rampup to 50us if possible (or at least 90). Normally value of 50 should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue 30. Aug 2016 23:03:37 

Thanks Tomas. One of them settled in at 60, the other 40. Now both spool up to the correct rpm. I am thinking that they are at different values because one that is set at 60 has CC Talon 120's and the other has CC Edge 160's.
As always top notch help and attention.
Mike

PostPosted: Wed 31. Aug 2016 7:13:54 
Site Admin

Thats great!
You can try to recalibrate one ESC to match it. Because if there is some difference, one motor will be faster.

PostPosted: Wed 31. Aug 2016 10:39:18 

I meant that the velos with the 2-120 esc's was set at 60, the velos with the 2-160 exc's was set at 40. Not that there were two different settings within the helicopter.

PostPosted: Sun 25. Sep 2016 7:53:24 

I'm also having governor problems after 2.1.

Some times the governor doesn't engage at all and I have the heli hovering, waiting for something and nothing happens. Some times giving a few quick pitch movements will 'wake up' the governor and it finally engages. This is happening on three different helis, castle and hobbywing esc's, and a nitro.

Also when changing IU modes, headspeed will drop and then slowly spool up to the new speed, instead of transition between the two speeds.

Additionally, after updating to 2.1, if you do a full collective climbout and then go back to mid stick/stop the heli the headspeed remains very high, over target RPM, and STAYS like that until you give it another aggressive movement, as opposed to momentarily staying high and then slowly going back to target rpm. This was effectively overspeeding my nitro today. Governor gains were only at around 5 for response and 3 for holding performance, where before 2.1 they were much higher.

Other times, everything is working fine, and the performance is very good. It's very strange. When it's working, there are noticeable improvements in the governing, such as during tic tocks, there's a massive improvement in performance.

PostPosted: Sun 25. Sep 2016 9:36:14 
Site Admin

Hi,

governor gains should be different - this is OK. (As mentioned in the Changelog)
I think that there is a common issue on all 3 helicopters, probably the old governor was not relying on this so it worked somehow.
The problem will be in the spoolup and governor calibration.

When you spool up the helicopter, do you see something wrong in the log? E.g. lost RPM signal?

I suspect that the problem is in the ESC calibration, this is the thing that could cause such discrepancies.
Did you calibrated it with Spirit with Governor OFF and throttle curve that correspond to 0-100% TC so that you will see such percentage also in the Diagnostic tab?
Alternatively it is possible to reset the ESC to default settings and use throttle range values from it's manufacturer.

Basically it should work out of the box when calibration is correct. No need for tweaks.

Could you share your settings please?

PostPosted: Mon 26. Sep 2016 2:04:43 

Will post setups in a bit. Today I was getting all sorts of bad flight logs. Everything from signal lost (didn't notice in flight), low voltage (with a freshly charged rx pack), cyclic ring activated, rudder limit reached, RPM data are too noisy (from my castle edge 160hv), rpm signal lost, all in the same flight log. There's also 'vibration very high' but I'm pretty sure that was only for a second when I smacked the heli really hard on a bunny hop.

I have never had a problem with noisy signals or governor problems with ikon with any of the same esc's I'm using which are quite common (castle edge 160hv, and hobbywing 100a v3). I'm not sure why the spirit has such a hard time with signals, any advice to make things work more reliably would be appreciated. If I need to put some kind of shielding on the rpm wire I will, if that would help.

I am very happy with the way spirit flies, how solid it is, the tail and cyclic performance is wonderful, but the low voltage warnings, rpm data problems, and the couple of times I've had 'signal lost' have freaked me out. And the tail stops are still soft in one direction despite checking and redoing the setup a few times, it's not bad enough to be a huge problem, but it would be nice if we could tune stops in each direction independently like on the bd3sx to fix this.

I put one spektrum dsmx carbon fuse satellite on the align 700L and after that did not get any signal lost warnings in the logs, but I only flew it with that once or twice. The placement of the satellites is good with both active antennas out in the open away from the carbon frames. The attached log was with the carbon fuse satellite added so there are no signal lost errors.

Attachments:
700L log.pdf [93.25 KiB]
Downloaded 33 times

PostPosted: Mon 26. Sep 2016 7:44:30 

For your satellite warnings if you are flying a 700 bird I would strongly advise using the carbon fuse sat. Even if the sats are out in the open there are always some angles that they get shielded from the battery or the CF frames. I've done some testing using spectrum telemetry and here were my findings:

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=9