It is currently Sun 05. May 2024 19:48:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Few setup questions
PostPosted: Wed 25. Nov 2015 17:49:17 

So ive just got done running through the setup on my goblin 380 and have some quick questions.

1. In cyclic tuning is there a set range that is optimal for getting 6 degrees?

2. Durring the head setup I can get both blades to read the same pitch while over the nose and over the boom w the swash level at high, middle and low stick but when I put them parallel w the boom then fold them to the side they are not level. Should I have the blades level w one another and be able to read the same pitch on both blades?

3. I setup the rescue and it works when I check the direction and all but when I put the pitch gauge on and increase it to 100 (just messing around to see if it was the same as what my collective was which was at 12.5) it read like 15 degrees. Is that normal?

Post subject: Re: Few setup questions
PostPosted: Thu 26. Nov 2015 8:43:12 
Site Admin

1. Yes, optimally it should be around 110 - 130. But this is not possible with all helicopters, so you can't do too much. It will still fly very well even with 90.
2. If you fold two blades so that ends are touching each other, they should be in the same level - This should be tested only when Subtrim (tuning) menu is enabled. Then when you rotate with rotor head, both blades should be in the same height. With some mechanics/servos there is a play, but mostly it shouldn't be a problem.
3. No, it is not normal. Most probably collective your basic setup was done while your collective channel was not exactly at zero.
Because of this, I highly recommend to do all the setup with Subtrim (tuning) (if you do not use wizard). If it is enabled, your servo arms should be at 90°, swashplate should be perfectly perpendicular to the main shaft and also there should be zero pitch on the main blades.

You can make sure that your channels have good range in the Diagnostic tab (especially collective pitch). Is it -100 to 100%?

PostPosted: Thu 26. Nov 2015 15:34:05 

Yes, I went back through after a lil more thought about how to fix it and got it right. Blades are level with subtrim checked with blades folded, collective pitch is 100 & 100 in the software, level swash, both blades read close to the same pitch (within .2) and cyclic is within optimal range so I should be set. I just need to double check the rescue pitch again.

Btw, great support here guys. Very well pleased w the service thats provided here and on hf and the speed you guys give answers. Awesome job!

PostPosted: Thu 26. Nov 2015 19:10:49 

Alyon187 wrote:
1. In cyclic tuning is there a set range that is optimal for getting 6 degrees?

ZeXx86 wrote:
1. Yes, optimally it should be around 110 - 130. But this is not possible with all helicopters, so you can't do too much. It will still fly very well even with 90.

I am just curious, If I increase "Cyclic Ring" for more cyclic pitch, will I end up with a smaller "Geomerty 6°" value?

PostPosted: Thu 26. Nov 2015 20:49:50 

No, 6 degrees is 6 degrees. It is for the fbl, to know the geometry of head.

Zexx: What are the simptoms in flight if the 6 degrees is not set correctly? What if you set it to 7 degrees or 5?

PostPosted: Thu 26. Nov 2015 20:58:58 

The 6 degrees is you showing the spirit where 6 degrees is on your heli. Think of it as a point of reference for the gyro. The cyclic ring just insures you wont have any binding in your system when your sticks are at their extremes.

PostPosted: Fri 27. Nov 2015 6:44:15 

Ok I double checked my rescue pitch again. All channels are reading 100 & -100. Both of my blades are reading the same pitch over the the boom/nose. Collective is at 12.5 high and low, cyclic at 6 degrees, cyclic ring at its limits and cyclic pitch for cyclic ring is just shy of 10. When I put the pitch gauge on my blades, I check the diagnosis tab and make sure its reading zero, fold the blades back and their level, zero the gauge w them spread back out and check the 100% rescue pitch and its still higher than what my collective is at? I dont know what else to check. Everything I check looks good and checks out except the collective pitch. Am I some how doing something wrong? Some help would be great

PostPosted: Fri 27. Nov 2015 10:24:50 
Site Admin

This problem is probably caused by inprecise configuration of the servos.
When you enable Subtrim (tuning) there must be 0° at the blades (both ends should touch exactly each other when you fold them together).
When you rotate with the rotor head, then there should be 0° all the time at any point.

This mean, that if center is not good then positive and negative collective pitch and rescue will be off. So small deviation in the center mean big deviation at the ends.

If the problem is same on more helicopters, then you are doing something wrong in this area on each.

When the rescue is enabled with 100% it will reach exactly 100% from the center.

PostPosted: Fri 27. Nov 2015 13:04:44 

All of it checks out. Blades folded back w the subtrim box ticked, zero pitch, channels are at 100/100. Im lost, as much as I dont want to, I guess im gonna have to do a factory reset and try again.

PostPosted: Fri 27. Nov 2015 13:08:29 
Site Admin

Well, it shouldn't be a problem in the flight. But at least it is strange.
Do you use Servo Travel Correction?