It is currently Tue 04. Jun 2024 6:11:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 12. Jul 2021 14:57:44 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Rescue (Automatic) can be fully tested at any altitude. It is completely irelevant where you will try it to activate. It must work at any altitude, because unless the model is flying, it will act as when model is at 0 meter altitude. So it does not matter what Hard Deck limit you will set. It can be 1 or 50 and result will be same on the ground at any moment.
It also does not matter what Rescue is configured. Outcome must be same with any type on the ground, when model is skids down. Swashplate must go always to defined Rescue Collective Pitch value. Default is 60%. So 60% of your full collective pitch range. But I dont know what is your settings now.

If you can see rescue is going down, then it is 100% certain that the basic settings is not correct.

It is recommended to proceed exactly according Setup Wizard. Especially when there is Subtrim step.

Both Altitude Limit from GeoLink or Rescue (Automatic) will work when configured correctly. I can help you with each step, but first we have to make sure your basic settings is correct. It can be easily verified by enabling Servos/Subtrim (tuning) menu. All servos must go to neutral position - 0 angle - perpendiclar arm position. Swashplate must be exactly levelled and there must be 0° between main blades. Any other condition will result in a bad flight performance and incorrect Rescue behavior.

I suspect that the problem must have to do when I setup the Heli first time, because as I mention earlier if the Heli conected to the computer by USB port the function works, if you disconected from the computer without switching of still works, but if you switch of the Heli and connect again the Heli to Fly, than not works.

Also I suspect that the problem is when setup the Heli first time, and in the Stabi windows ( the problem is that by default are " Negative Gyro gain" activated .
The question is, if it be possible later on the Stabi window setup later to " Dedicated channel" because every time when I desactvate the function on the stabi window, appears this " Negative Gyro gain"

Just see that if you switch in the software Stabi windows in Demo mode, it appears the message" Now you can use with channel 7" and when you switch back Rescue , now you can use with negative Gyro gain, I never see this message when I connect in real by USP port to the Heli ?

One question, what happen if you cannot disconnect the function " Auto Rescue" when Flying.
How do you land the Heli. Obviously the Heli will stop to goes down at the parameter in meter pregrogrammed.

PostPosted: Mon 12. Jul 2021 16:28:41 
Site Admin

I think your problem is happening, because you are using Bank Switching. And in some Bank there are wrong values.
When you connect Spirit Settings, bank is automatically changed to Bank 0.

So probably Bank 1 and Bank 2 have wrong settings. Please use Bank Comparison feature in Backup tab. This will tell you what is different. Then set it in the same way as Bank 0.
Probably Collective Pitch Range is wrong there.

You should be always able to disengage Rescue function, whatever is happening.

PostPosted: Mon 12. Jul 2021 17:56:13 

ZeXx86 wrote:
I think your problem is happening, because you are using Bank Switching. And in some Bank there are wrong values.
When you connect Spirit Settings, bank is automatically changed to Bank 0.

So probably Bank 1 and Bank 2 have wrong settings. Please use Bank Comparison feature in Backup tab. This will tell you what is different. Then set it in the same way as Bank 0.
Probably Collective Pitch Range is wrong there.

You should be always able to disengage Rescue function, whatever is happening.

Yes I use Banks otherwise it is not possible to use more funtions, can you please specify what you mean with;
So probably Bank 1 and Bank 2 have wrong settings.
Because I supose and hope that with the Bank switching only change the mode "Function" , but not the Basic setup of the Heli.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 10:17:54 

Loetefix wrote:
Again. It is absolutely normal that the pitch doesn't react to the stickmoves while rescue. (When automatic rescue defined then under the defined altitude) . the system controls the pitch.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9 Lite mit Tapatalk

Hi danke für die Antwort habe gestern nochmal getestet Funktioniert immer noch nicht.
Da ist irgendwo der Wurm drin bei der Höhen Messung GT und GeoLink inklusive, weil Rettung Normal Funktioniert ja.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 10:23:35 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello.

it is important first to decide if you want to use Spirit GT - Rescue (Automatic) or Spirit GeoLink - Altitude Limit feature.
Both are different and there is different setup for them.

If you are new, I recommend to not use Bank Switching at all.
Only make setup simple as much as possible. Because it can be hard to understand and then unexpected things can happen.

I recommend to set:
1. Stabi/Function to Rescue (Automatic).
2. General/Channels - F: Stabi Function to Channel 7.
3. Set switch in your radio to change Channel 7.

Nothing more is needed to make it work. GeoLink is not needed for Rescue (Automatic).
When you change switch, swashplate must go Up to set Postive Collective Pitch.

On the Heli without GeoLink I still have the same problem with the "Rescue Automatic" function even with those basic settings. The "Rescue Normal" function curiously works. Do you have to activate something else in the software? Even without the GeoLink, must activate the GeoLink on the Software Window? Also I test with and without this , and still not works.

In the Heli with GeoLink I did a test flight the other day, but Curiously I am going to try and no function's works
( without makes any setup changes) ,
I connect it to the PC to see the Diagnosis and I see that the functions are activated when I switched,
and when I connected to the PC, I go back in the Air and it does not work, I connect it again to the PC ,
I see in the diagnostic window that yes, I return in the air and it works but badly because the "Position Hold" function did it very well two days ago. Now I add the function "Altitude Hold" and the Heli slides and does not hold the position? The "Rescue Automatic" function does not work either. The only function that works is the one that also works on the Heli without GeoLink “ Rescue Normal” .
It looks that the “ Altitude function's ” not works at all.
I have changed the Transmitter to rule out a possible problem,

Have I caught a Monday production case? Can you please check with TeamViewer my Spirit software,
I think there is the problem I suspect that the option in the Stabi function windows something is wrong
with the selection Gyro or Channel using.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 11:45:01 
Site Admin

Hello,

if Rescue (Normal) was working, then it is enough to change to Rescue (Automatic).
Then it will work immediately in the same way. At the ground, swashplate must go up.
Can you please verify this?

You can turn off all GeoLink features. It would be good to decide, if you want to use Rescue (Automatic) or Altitude Limit from GeoLink.
Mix of two similar features will not work.

It is highly recommended to not enable everything if something does not work as you expect. I recommend to enable only ONE feature and only add next if it will work perfectly. If you are new then it is causing even bigger confusion and more factors that can be wrong.

So please answer to my questions first.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 13:02:58 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

if Rescue (Normal) was working, then it is enough to change to Rescue (Automatic).
Then it will work immediately in the same way. At the ground, swashplate must go up.
Can you please verify this?

You can turn off all GeoLink features. It would be good to decide, if you want to use Rescue (Automatic) or Altitude Limit from GeoLink.
Mix of two similar features will not work.

It is highly recommended to not enable everything if something does not work as you expect. I recommend to enable only ONE feature and only add next if it will work perfectly. If you are new then it is causing even bigger confusion and more factors that can be wrong.

So please answer to my questions first.

Hi, thanks for the quick replying I very appreciated, this is all the way down what I try to explain you for two weeks, the Rescue Normal , Rescue Acro, works, but if I replace this function to the Rescue Automatic, when I activated on the transmitter, I see on the Diagnostic window ( Activated) like the ( other function's), swhasplate goes up on the bench, but when I try a Fly test,
I activate it in around 40 meters altitude , after than I fly the Heli to the ground, but the Auto Rescue do nothing when the minimum preprogrammed altitude of 20 meters are reached. ( With GeoLink and without GeoLink) ( With two Helis)

I have two Test Helis Goblin 500, one equipped with "GT" and GeoLink , and one only with the "GT".
But in the two " Altitude measure or functions not works"
Also I not mixing the functions GPS or without.

I hear that one user without GeoLink switch in the Software the GeoLink function on, after that it works?
But I try this and even with this activated not works.

I remember you again, I'm for over 40 years on the RC Hobby, I was building soldering ect. with Electronic board ARDUINO and programming nearly 30 years ago Drone's , at this time nobody knows what is was when see it Flying.

I have one of the first FBL system avaible around 12 years ago, I was Test Pilot for Skookum Flybarless Systems 8 years ago, I'm a experience user with managing Setup, everything Transmitters, Helis, Planes, Drones, all Electronics, Turbines, Beta version ect ect.

Please do not always answer me as if I'm a beginner, of course I appreciate your help, but this must be a problem with the Spirit Software ( I suspect the option Gyro / Channel election to make work's the functions) ,
maybe only with Futaba?

All the friends I know with Futaba and Spirit, Flying even without the function Rescue Normal, also I not
have any reference.

Also today I reset the "GT" to factory default, I deinstall the Spirit software, I install the latest software in a different lenguage, I setup an Heli from new , but still the same, I really can't believe it. :cry:

I say you now how we can fix this, take a Futaba Transmitter,( I suppose you have a JETI Transmitter)
take a not configured Heli, and set it up with an actual model Futaba transmitter, and you will see, that it not works,with same problem.

Last edited by Dr.Fleming on Wed 14. Jul 2021 13:13:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 13:13:21 
Site Admin

Thank you for answer.

Quote:
I hear that one user without GeoLink switch in the Software the GeoLink function on, after that it works?

Problem of the user was related only to telemetry variable in radio.

It would be very helpful if you can share your flight log with Altitude variable. Then you will immediately see what is measured by altitude sensor. This can be enabled in Diagnostic / Advanced Flight Viewer and there you can set Altitude variable for logging. After flight you can see or share full log file with me.

I recommend to set Hard Deck value in Stabi tab higher than 20meters. For example to 40 meters. Please note, when model is flying there can be very noticeable pressure difference - it is very dependent on model. So it could be off by several meters if frame/canopy is creating big pressure changes.

You can share all your settings with me. It would be very helpful too. Please click to Save All Banks in the Backup tab.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 13:23:39 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you for answer.

Quote:

Problem of the user was related only to telemetry variable in radio.

It would be very helpful if you can share your flight log with Altitude variable. Then you will immediately see what is measured by altitude sensor. This can be enabled in Diagnostic / Advanced Flight Viewer and there you can set Altitude variable for logging. After flight you can see or share full log file with me.

I recommend to set Hard Deck value in Stabi tab higher than 20meters. For example to 40 meters. Please note, when model is flying there can be very noticeable pressure difference - it is very dependent on model. So it could be off by several meters if frame/canopy is creating big pressure changes.

You can share all your settings with me. It would be very helpful too. Please click to Save All Banks in the Backup tab.

40 meters? Okay I will do it, and Test Fly today and post the Data ds.

Attachments:
Test ohne GPS Goblin Rot2.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 18 times
Test ohne GPS Goblin Rot1.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 16 times
Test ohne GPS Goblin Rot.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 17 times

PostPosted: Wed 14. Jul 2021 13:30:46 
Site Admin

Thank you.

I found one big problem immediately in the settings. Very likely it is responsible for your troubles.

In Bank 0 it looks good. But in Bank 1 and Bank 2 you have Limits/Collective Pitch Range set to default value - 64. This is very small value and will cause that your model will go down always. This is why I recommended to use Bank Comparison to see, what is different between banks.

For this reason I also do not recommend to use Banks at the beginning, because pilot have to learn what it can cause.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next