It is currently Sun 16. Jun 2024 8:33:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 11. Feb 2016 18:04:53 

At the most basic level there is no difference with any combination of RC systems. A transmitter communicates with a receiver, which distributes commands to a device.

However, all the parts available to us to assemble a working model are not identical, even a Spirit vs a Spirit Pro have different arrangements for the connections. When we put together a hybrid from different makers, then it's just a matter of sorting out the subtle differences. That's why helping each other is so important, thanks for your input on my journey.

PostPosted: Sun 14. Feb 2016 17:11:08 

Hi all,

Thanks for your support during my set-up process - much appreciated!

I've finally had time to set things up with my new Jeti DC-14 so that it communicates properly with the Spirit Pro. Next step is the fine tuning of the settings using mainly the Tx. Of note is that the Spirit Software (on PC) doesn't appear to update from the Tx. to the PC. I've only seen it updating the Tx., so I'll keep the PC connected until I'm almost certain not to change the settings much from the Tx.

If this isn't the case and it's possible to export the settings from the Tx. to the PC, then I'd appreciate the feedback.

Attached is my latest diagram together with a summary of the process. Don't forget to read the manuals carefully and work out the details.

Attachment:
Jeti_Spirit Pro_Setup 14.02.16.pdf [95.54 KiB]
Downloaded 91 times

PostPosted: Mon 15. Feb 2016 10:26:29 

Actually there is no such thing as "the PC software updating from the TX". That's not the concept.

When you connect the PC to the Spirit unit, and run the Spirit software, it will read the configuration which is stored in the unit. Same when you connect the Android App, it will read the configuration which is stored in the unit.

So you can make changes via the TX, which are then saved into the unit, THEN run the PC software (or the Android App) and it will read the new configuration.

What you are experiencing is probably making changes via the TX while the PC software is already running and connected. In that case, either the fact that the config is not saved into the unit yet, or the fact that you are no restarting the PC software, makes it look like you said.

Sorry for the bad english )))))

PostPosted: Tue 16. Feb 2016 9:16:50 

Coco66 wrote:
Actually there is no such thing as "the PC software updating from the TX". That's not the concept.

When you connect the PC to the Spirit unit, and run the Spirit software, it will read the configuration which is stored in the unit. Same when you connect the Android App, it will read the configuration which is stored in the unit.

So you can make changes via the TX, which are then saved into the unit, THEN run the PC software (or the Android App) and it will read the new configuration.

What you are experiencing is probably making changes via the TX while the PC software is already running and connected. In that case, either the fact that the config is not saved into the unit yet, or the fact that you are no restarting the PC software, makes it look like you said.

Sorry for the bad english )))))

No such thing as "the bad English"............ You're helping me so I thank you for your excellent efforts :D. Thanks for putting the configuration in context.

Another question for me to understand better. The files, which I save to my PC (I always save the latest to both the unit and PC) can be sent to the gyro but become out of date if there are changes from the Tx. to the unit. Therefore, they should be deleted in favour of a new one backed up routinely from the unit. Correct?

PostPosted: Tue 16. Feb 2016 9:27:10 
Site Admin

Yes, you are correct. But it will take you just few flights to tune helicopter perfectly, so then you can just save the file.

PostPosted: Tue 16. Feb 2016 10:24:34 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, you are correct. But it will take you just few flights to tune helicopter perfectly, so then you can just save the file.

OK, thanks. Also to all who contributed. I'll come back when tuned up and/or any other issues surface.