It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 4:19:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 23. Jun 2022 1:20:05 

Sorry if this has been addressed before!
I am trying to run a GTR unit and Geolink with my Jeti radio. I have the Trex 550 of a friend flying perfectly well with the GTR, and indeed previously had the Geolink working for a flight with a previous GT unit, but now does not seem to hold position with the newly set up GTR.
The Geolink gives a solid blue light with the GTR and have the 'Position Hold' on a separate channel switch, but cannot get it to hold position now with the GTR.
Is it because I have not calibrated it again with the GTR?
Thank you for your help.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu 23. Jun 2022 13:16:52 
Site Admin

Hello,

if you are getting connection in the GeoLink window then the issue is only in configuration.
Some function is not enabled or channel assignment is missing.
Without your settings file I can't help more.

PostPosted: Thu 23. Jun 2022 14:31:07 

Thank you ZeXx86!
I have assigned a further 3 or 4 channels for individual 'F' functions, which according to the software show 'Active', or such, when those channels are operated by individual switches. I will recheck all again.
The basic behaviour exhibited is that the helicopter hovers almost perfectly hands-off until I activate the 'Position Hold' function when it drifts off to the side quite determinedly. This has been at the back of the house between buildings, but where I get a solid blue light, nevertheless, quite quickly, giving me the impression the unit is seeing satellites quite well.
I will attach the file when I have a chance, but have just got back from work - 11.30 pm here in Australia.
Thank you again.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat 25. Jun 2022 8:07:50 

I am extremely frustrated with my Windows Computer! When I save a set of Banks from the Spirit to send on-line, my system puts a 3Digi Icon associated with the file.
I don't seem to be able to save these files, or amend them, such that they show they are due to open via a Spirit background.
I think I am being very stupid, but can anybody help me with this, please.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat 25. Jun 2022 8:14:08 

I have re-calibrated the GeoLink, but has had no further beneficial effect!
As soon as I initiate the F-Position Hold, the heli stops flying hands free to attempt to smash itself somewhere way off to the left!?!
Obviously I stop this happening, but don't know what I am doing wrong!!!!
When I activate Position-Hold, seems to always head off 15 degrees cyclic tilt to left!!!!!!!
Pissed off now! Please help. I have seen this thing hover in position hold pretty solidly with this Geo Module with previous GT module just a couple of weeks ago. Only difference now is the GTR unit.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu 30. Jun 2022 9:51:37 

Hi ZeXx86,
I am including a recent file to try to work out why the Geolink does not seem to be working correctly.
Attachment:
Trex 550 Spirit 25.06.22.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 15 times

When the switch is activated to initiate 'Position Hold', the helicopter veers off to the left after almost flying perfectly hands-off in a hover.
Regards,
Andy

PostPosted: Fri 01. Jul 2022 19:14:27 
Site Admin

Hello,

I returned from vacations now.
Please try to disable Stabi Correction in the Expert Settings. This is not default settings and could cause such problem. It can be used only on models with low vibrations.

Regarding file association it is not a problem, you can open and save the Spirit settings files anytime directly from Spirit Settings software in the Backup tab. No need to click at the files themselves.

PostPosted: Fri 01. Jul 2022 21:22:53 

Thank you ZeXx86, 'hope you had a good holiday!
I will certainly try that. I thought that I had read somewhere in the forum that Stabi Correction might help, obviously out of context!
Regards,
Andy

PostPosted: Sun 03. Jul 2022 8:43:29 

I did try the 'Position Hold' today after removing the Stabi Correction. Indeed the unit maintained position but was pretty jerky and took a few moments to fix position. I had gains at 100 for x/y and 80 for altitude, I think, which were previous defaults? I will try reducing these on next flights! Unfortunately had to spend my time teaching fixed-wing!
Regards and thanks,
Andy