It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:11:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 14. Sep 2021 15:46:48 

Hello, quick reminder, I have still the problems with the Geolink and GT, sometimes not works,
last time I flight and when I landed the blue Led from the GeoLink was blinking !
and the Position Hold do it very badly, also it goes down in circle without reaction of the
Stick Pitch input from the Transmitter even with Pitch control active this is with the Goblin 500,
With the Goblin KRAKEN works.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Sep 2021 8:57:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

please take a look here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... t_blinking

If GeoLink is blinking it mean it does not communicate with the unit and actually it is not operating anymore.
This situation must be resolved, because it should not happen at all. This is reason why it does not work sometimes.

Linked manual page is describing the issue.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Sep 2021 14:47:56 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

please take a look here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... t_blinking

If GeoLink is blinking it mean it does not communicate with the unit and actually it is not operating anymore.
This situation must be resolved, because it should not happen at all. This is reason why it does not work sometimes.

Linked manual page is describing the issue.

Hello, this is what I try to explain from the beginning with this Set , also Position Hold problems too!
From the 3 Set's, only this one not works. Can we change it in warranty?

Also before take-off the Led was stady! And during the Flight start blinking, the problem of this is very serious
because you think ,that the Virtual ground Net works, and the reality it doesn't work !! Because you not have
any advisoring that the GeoLink stops to work in flight !
The point is that I have 2 Goblin 500 exactly the same setup up Software and Hardware, also Electrostatic discharge it's not possible.
Also I note that on the bench with Position Hold on , the swahplate moves much more than the other ones.

2.5 Constant blinking
This might happen rather in-flight and could signalize unexpected failure. Most probable reason is shock by high electrostatic discharge. This will result in the GeoLink connection is broken event and loss of GeoLink functionality from the moment it will occur. Please make sure that there are no excess electrostatic discharges - check ground continuity between motor and tail boom. You can also try to turn off GeoLink logging feature.

Last edited by Dr.Fleming on Wed 15. Sep 2021 16:05:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Sep 2021 15:00:44 
Site Admin

Hello,

actually it is very common that electrostatic discharge is happening only on some helicopters. You can have 10 same models and 2 of them can have troubles with this. This is depending on how long it was used, how much powder is inside the boom, etc.

Please try what is suggested in the guide.

You can also easily swap two geolinks to verify, that your one has really problem or not. Very likely you will find that that it is working correctly on other model.
We have years of experience, so you can trust what I wrote.

Also try to turn off GeoLink Logging.

Yes, model is not producing static discharges before flight :) For this reason, it can't happen before you are flying.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Sep 2021 17:35:28 

Hello, but if I switch of the GeoLink Logging, than there is no Flight Log.
Also the Bad Position Hold issue has something to do with this ?

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

actually it is very common that electrostatic discharge is happening only on some helicopters. You can have 10 same models and 2 of them can have troubles with this. This is depending on how long it was used, how much powder is inside the boom, etc.

You can also easily swap two geolinks to verify, that your one has really problem or not. Very likely you will find that that it is working correctly on other model.

Yes, model is not producing static discharges before flight :) For this reason, it can't happen before you are flying.

PostPosted: Thu 16. Sep 2021 11:52:57 

Hello, attached Flight last Flight Log.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

PostPosted: Thu 16. Sep 2021 19:08:04 
Site Admin

Hello,

if GeoLink is flashing then all GeoLink functions will not work. So it is very important to resolve the problem.
Blinking signalize important problem.

Have you tried my recommendations?

PostPosted: Fri 17. Sep 2021 8:05:17 

I try to get the Flight Log but system write not possible to recover, I will try with GoeLink Log off,
but is this the problem ( Origin) for the Position Hold too?

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

if GeoLink is flashing then all GeoLink functions will not work. So it is very important to resolve the problem.
Blinking signalize important problem.

Have you tried my recommendations?

PostPosted: Fri 17. Sep 2021 16:04:56 
Site Admin

If geolink will be flashing then all features will not work. Including Position Hold.

Unfortunately there is no log attached.

PostPosted: Fri 17. Sep 2021 17:57:56 

May you misunderstood the point with the Function Position Hold, also when it works I mean when
after flight I see the GeoLink Led Blue stady, even the Position Hold when I switch it on, the Heli starts to make a circle and even no reaction o the Stick Pitch input from the receiver even with the function "Pitch control"
but I think I write you this around 20 times.

I receive the notifications not admid 4dr format !?

ZeXx86 wrote:
If geolink will be flashing then all features will not work. Including Position Hold.

Unfortunately there is no log attached.