It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 7:30:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 02. Mar 2024 19:47:16 

Good morning everyone on the forum,
I mounted two OMP HOBBY helicopters such as M4 and M4Max.
- Both equipped with the Spirit2 control unit
- Both with the same setup on the Spirit2
- Both with the same receiver as the SRXL2 model
- For both I use the same Spektrum DX6e radio with two profiles M4 and M4Max

Given that these helicopters are supplied with the setup for Brain2 and VNeo (Mikado-VStabi), with the Spirit2 (basic parameters) there is an identical but rhythmic sway on both helicopters.

HOVERING:
Tail stopped for 3.0 second -> move the tail to the right by 10cm -> tail stopped 0.1 seconds -> return back to initial position ->
Tail stopped for 0.5 second -> move the tail to the right by 10cm -> tail stopped 0.1 seconds -> return back to the initial position ->
Tail stopped for 1.5 second -> move the tail to the right by 10cm -> tail stopped 0.1 seconds -> return back to the initial position -> starting point (3 seconds).

The movements are jerky and I'm not the one giving them, I changed the radio but nothing.

I know I haven't provided much information, but I'm asking if there is anyone among you who has mounted the Spirit2 on these OMP M4 and M4 max helicopters.

The parameters present in the setups provided by Jonas are for Brain2 and Neo and appear to be specific to the M4.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks for reading
Nick

PostPosted: Sat 02. Mar 2024 20:21:38 
Site Admin

Hello,

M4 can work perfectly with Spirit.
I can help if you can share your settings file, we can check it.

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 8:50:51 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

M4 can work perfectly with Spirit.
I can help if you can share your settings file, we can check it.

Thanks for the reply. I was busy at work until yesterday and yesterday I did further setups and the helicopter has improved, I'm using various guides to fine-tune the control unit.

I bought a WiFi module from Spirit System to quickly connect the control unit to the phone and change the parameters.
Question: If I attach the module to the tail tube, can the wifi module remain connected during a test flight?
This would allow me to change the parameters without having to connect and disconnect the wifi module.

What do you think about it ?

Thanks for reading
Nick

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 8:56:31 
Site Admin

You can leave it mounted and connected. But for safety reasons it is recommended to set Auto Turn-Off in the Wifi Link web interface. This will turn off module when not used so any interference with radio is avoided.

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 17:47:40 

ZeXx86 wrote:
You can leave it mounted and connected. But for safety reasons it is recommended to set Auto Turn-Off in the Wifi Link web interface. This will turn off module when not used so any interference with radio is avoided.

OK
in the Spirit App menu there are the following items: Credits - Banks - Save profile to unit - Basic mode - Profile - Factory settings

Where do you set Auto turn-off?

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 17:57:55 

nmsantarelli wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

OK
in the Spirit App menu there are the following items: Credits - Banks - Save profile to unit - Basic mode - Profile - Factory settings

everything ok, found it.
I didn't know there was a manual.

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 18:15:23 

nmsantarelli wrote:
nmsantarelli wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

OK

everything ok, found it.
I didn't know there was a manual.

I thought logging out in the Spirit app on your smartphone was enough.
I set 20 seconds