It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:44:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 26. Sep 2021 1:14:16 

I have been using my Castle 160HV on a New Neo VBar and it worked very well. Very easy to set up.

This is not the case with the Spirit GT. I had first tried using the Castle Governor and could not get it to arm. I used 110% travel points for full throttle and throttle off.

I tried resetting the Castle 160 HV to fixed end points (for helicopter) and no auto rotation. Then I tried setting up the Spirit GT Governor with endpoints of 1060 and 1940 for the governor. I also used the higher throttle settings at 110% and -110%. It still will not arm. At this point their is no doubt in my mind that there are procedures that I am not aware of to fix it for use with the Spirit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Ken

PostPosted: Sun 26. Sep 2021 17:32:28 

Hi Ken,
I just recieved the same ESC and will be setting it up with SpiritGT as well, hopefully with telemetry by using a 10k resistor between the orange (throttle) and red (BEC) wires. I will let you know if I encounter the same issue.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Sep 2021 21:14:47 

Thanks for replying to my thread. Hopefully you will have more luck than I am having.

My issue is that I cannot get the endpoints in the Spirit Software above 109 on high throttle and 110 on low throttle to activate the Castle Edge 160 HV Esc. I have a Jeti 12 transmitter and it has always worked well for me in setting up helis. So far I am at a point where I have nothing else to try without additional inputs from users.

All the best,

Ken

PostPosted: Sun 26. Sep 2021 22:27:01 

I finally found out the idiosyncracy for the Castle Edge 160HV.

If you look under telemetry integration in the Spirit manual, you will see you need to engage bidirectional communications in the Other tab, for Castle Link Software under the LIVE LINK tab. This will alow two way telemetry data to flow between the transmitter and the flybarless unit.

You also need to go to the tab below the Live Link Tab in the Castle Link Software and engage the RPM out option.

Having both these tabs correctly setup also enables two way communications for the throttle reading. These changes affect throttle communications which is essential in order to arm the ESC.

Hope this helps everyone.

All the best,

Ken