It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:52:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: F3C hover
PostPosted: Wed 07. Oct 2020 11:05:17 

Hi F3C flyers,

I 'm new in F3C and i have an Urukay 3 blades with a Spirit RS.
Does somedoby share his hover parameters for Spirit, and set up for pitch/dual rates?

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Post subject: Re: F3C hover
PostPosted: Thu 08. Oct 2020 19:44:01 

Hi Eric,

here are my settings for hovering:
Attachment:
Schweben.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 76 times

I have to add, that they are not final because I wantet to focus on the issue from that thread first (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4244). But maybe you can work with it anyway.
This settings are for my XL Power Wraith e 760 F3C (2-Blade)...

I set my pitch curve so that the heli hovers at stick-center and I flatten it around the center.
Regarding dualrate I think that it depends ons the rotation rate you have in the spirit. Additionaly I like expo of about 20%.

I hope that helps. It woud be great you could share your experience too.

Frieder

PostPosted: Fri 09. Oct 2020 8:11:50 

Hello, thanks a lot for your advises!!
Have a good day.

PostPosted: Tue 11. Oct 2022 13:32:58 

I've been playing a lot more with hover settings of late, and am making some progress. I've got the general flying feel about where I want it, and tend to run 25% (ish) expo on a bit of a hybrid - it's a T-Rex 700L v2 running the SAB F3C head (2 bladed) from the Urukay. I run around 1,380 r.p.m. in the hover, using the Align F3C blades (700mm).

I tend to use dual-rates to fine tune, but the rotation rate is really what should be used as I understand things, so I fine tune, then go back and adjust the Spirit settings so as to not have to have dual-rates in play. Flight style is 8, and I tend to turn down all the values based on the Tuning Guide, but probably still have a way to go to things just right there - I imagine coming from a 'flying' tuned system to one simply for hovering is muddying the waters for me a little there.

The one thing I have found is that the helicopter does tend to drift around a lot more in the hover with no input compared to others (running Futaba or even vbar), but I do not know why. The helicopter is mechanically accurate - I use the Soko tool to make sure all is completely accurate, and then fine tune e.g. pitch range in the Spirit to make sure of equal travel etc. I did wonder if vibration was an issue, but it's logging approx. 6% on the GT, so it's not likely that.

I'll share my settings once I'm back on the 'other' computer.

PostPosted: Wed 12. Oct 2022 9:38:23 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can verify Geometry 6° value and if all servos are at neutral position (and 0° between main blades) when enabling Subtrim (tuning) menu.
Spirit units, including the very first versions should be maybe 2-3x more stable than VBar.
You can send your settings and I can check it.