It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:15:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 31. Oct 2017 14:52:39 

:oops: :? My U Spirit is installed in an Oxy 2. It has worked fine until now.(About 2months in Oxy) It has been set up with a Spektrum DX9 and Spektrum remote Sat. I wanted to try an FR Sky X4R receiver in the Oxy 2 with my QX7. All polarity was correct between the Rud channel on the Spirit and the adapter cable to the X4R. It binds fine, all functions are correct except throttle. When throttle hold is on, everything is fine. When I activate throttle and move the throttle stick the Talon 25 esc continually resets as does the U Spirit. I have done a complete reset on the U Spirit and reset all the parameters no difference. Also checked all the settings on the Talon
25 parameters, and redid throttle calibration. Does exactly the same thing when i switch back to my DX9 with Spektrum remote sat.

Any suggestions? Has the U Spirit failed? Talon 25 failed etc?

Thanks very much for the input!!

Tom

PostPosted: Tue 31. Oct 2017 15:37:36 
Site Admin

Hello,

it looks like the ESC is resetting for some reason - usually it is some major electrical problem so that some kind of protection is triggered.
It could be because of high current on the BEC or motor.

Since it does only when motor is running, I recommend to verify all cables, especially phase cables of the motor - they could be shorted somewhere.
FBL units have no power to shutdown the BEC, so I think there will be nothing wrong with unit.

If BEC tester is working well, then there will be no issue with BEC or servos.

It could be also caused by very high static discharges that can be present on Oxy 2.

We will move this thread to English section, since it is in Czech language forum now.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Nov 2017 20:57:36 

I have replaced my esc (Talon 25) with a Hobbywing 25 amp v4. Now U Spirit operates ok with one issue remaining. I can't get Banks to operate. Bank is assigned to Ch 7 , Stabi Function is assigned to Ch 8. The Bank function moves fine under the Diagnostic tab for all 3 banks. I can also see the banks changing on my monitor screen in my Spektrum DX9.
Banks worked fine for bailout prior to my Castle Talon 25 failing.

Any suggestions on what I'm missing?

Thanks very much for the assistance!!

Tom :)

PostPosted: Fri 03. Nov 2017 21:15:55 
Site Admin

Great! Now I think it will be just a very minor issue.

If Bank Switching does not work, although all is changing normally in both radio and software, then the only problem could be that:
1) You have entered Integration menu in some way and it is still opened. You have to close it properly.
2) Spirit Settings was opened, but was not closed correctly. You have to close it. USB cable can be connected if needed (but software must be off). So it is wrong if one will just unplug the cable without exiting the software.
3) Banks are changing but only in some flight modes (for example not in Throttle Hold). If you have not changed anything in your radio, then I guess the problem is somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Nov 2017 22:18:38 

I reflashed to 2.4.3, but still no Banks. Is the integration you're referencing for the programming through the transmitters? Any other suggestions? Thanks very much for the help!!

Tom :)

PostPosted: Sat 04. Nov 2017 13:34:10 
Site Admin

Yes, integration mean configuration from your transmitter. If you have no SPM4649T then this will be not the case.

Basically there is no reason for it to not work.
Can you tell me how you are trying it is working? Maybe it is actually working, but what you are expecting is just not happening for other reason. If Banks are changing in the Diagnostic tab, then with very high probability they are working. There is no other reason for this.
The easiest thing how to verify it is to set different different functions in the Stabi tab. For example stabilisation and rescue.
Then after closing the software just activate the rescue, switch the bank with stabilisation and you will see..

PostPosted: Sat 04. Nov 2017 14:04:16 

:? Tomas,

Thank you very much for the feedback! I have done the following: Reset U Spirit to factory default and reconfigured all settings manually for the Oxy2. Per your suggestions I have tried different bailout options in the Stabi Function option for example chose Stabilisation Normal, or Rescue Acro in different order on Bank 0, Bank 1, or Bank 2. Bank functions are still all showing as working on Diagnostics tab, and in Spektrum DX9 but not functioning through Spirit. E.G. main blades don't increase as they should to positive pitch etc.

Is it possible that the Spirit has failed in this area only. Should I consider mailing it in to you?
Any other possibilities would be greatly appreciated. We have not much weather remaining to fly before cold and snow here.

Thank you very much for your help!!
Tom

PostPosted: Sat 04. Nov 2017 14:51:01 
Site Admin

Great,
did you also verified that the Rescue/Stabilisation function is really being engaged?
This can be also verified in the Diagnostic tab. If engaged you should see Head Lock + Rescue/Stabilisation.
If you change banks throught the software then you should see appropriate difference between Bank with Rescue and Bank with Stabilisation.
Is this the case?

I am convinced that unit will be fine. I can't find any technical possibility how it could fail just in this area. Usually everything is working or nothing. All between this is matter of configuration.

PostPosted: Sat 04. Nov 2017 23:19:18 

:D Found it! My son emailed me his DX9 file from his Oxy2. I saw that Bailout monetary switch was not causing bailout to engage. All DX9 files appeared to be identical, all I can think of is that my DX9 file somehow had gotten corrupted.

I loaded his DX9 file into my transmitter, made the few small changes I had for my DX9, and bailout worked!!!

Thanks Tomas, and everyone for the suggestions!!

Tom

PostPosted: Sun 05. Nov 2017 15:25:49 
Site Admin

Good job! Thanks for the info.