It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:49:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 19. Oct 2015 16:22:36 

ZeXx86 wrote:
This event is only to inform you. On some helicopters, especially during 3D flight it is very normal and you will see it because it takes a while for helicopter to get to desired position.
It does not mean there is some problem. If everything is working as you wish, then there is no need to change it.

All in all your Rotation rate should be always configured so that you are sure your helicopter can handle it. If it is too high (and exceeds configured limit in your Cyclic Ring), then steering may be inprecise.
So you can just configure max. possible value for Cyclic Ring that you know is safe and recommended by manufacturer so angles can't be higher.

Great! I like the way all of my helis are flying right now so I'll leave it the way it is.

PostPosted: Sun 01. Nov 2015 0:12:47 

ajbwn wrote:
Hi In the previous firmware i understand that it was important to flip the modal quickly (skids to the ground) so that the Spirit unit could then add pitch and clear the modal from the ground.

However in the new firmware the modal will climb first (1-1.5sec negative pitch) then flip, which surly means a fast flip (skids to the ground) is no longer important or necessary as the modal is well clear of the ground before the fliping, so would it not make more scence for a slower less agresive flip putting less stress on the modal and bec .

Or am i missing something?

Regards Alan

I think Alan is pretty right with his comment. If you climb first and level after, the flip can be definitely made less quick.
I had the flip rate turned down quite a lot on my Beastx v4. It was always quick enough.

What I haven't figured out yet though too is why the helicopter flips and turns 90 degrees after a inverted climb out during rescue.
Is there a benefit doing so? I find it rather confusing....

Cheers Martin

PostPosted: Sun 01. Nov 2015 11:05:39 
Site Admin

There shouldnt be any 90 deg turn. Only 180. Can you describe what flip do you think exactly?

PostPosted: Sun 01. Nov 2015 22:59:43 

ZeXx86 wrote:
There shouldnt be any 90 deg turn. Only 180. Can you describe what flip do you think exactly?

Hi ZeXx86,
I have installed the fw version 1.3.1 on the Spirit Pro with 1 sec climb before leveling in normal rescue mode.
Starting point is an inverted hover, tail towards me. When I engage rescue it climbs the for 1 sec and then flips.
The flip consists of 180° roll + a 90°yaw (left rudder) into level flight. The tail is pointing to the right at the end of recovery.
Other than that it works perfectyl fine.
Greetings
Martin

PostPosted: Mon 02. Nov 2015 13:27:19 
Site Admin

Thank you for explanation.

90° deg rotation is unwanted and it shouldn't happen normally.
This issue can happen if your Gyro Gain is not same as for normal flight.

Can you verify, that after rescue activation you can see that the Gyro Gain is approx. same in the Diagnostic tab?

PostPosted: Mon 02. Nov 2015 17:41:25 

Hi Tomas, is flip rate coming soon? Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon 02. Nov 2015 21:28:03 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you for explanation.

90° deg rotation is unwanted and it shouldn't happen normally.
This issue can happen if your Gyro Gain is not same as for normal flight.

Can you verify, that after rescue activation you can see that the Gyro Gain is approx. same in the Diagnostic tab?

Hi Zexx86,
I had a check on it today. The gain is in normal and rescue the same -> 95%
I was running a Mbeast Pro V4 before on the same heli, where I had no "tail issues" with rescue flips,
although is was running a 200rpm lower headspeed at that time.
To me it looks like a consitent flip and yaw.

I've reduced cyclic ring by 10 now to reduce flip rate (hopefully) to see if it has an effect and I'll check it with a different starting orientation to see if we end up same 90° yaw. I'll give it another go next weekend. Keep you posted.

Edit: Just came a utube vido which shows what i mean at approx. 1:00 Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVifaQV-CGY

Greetings Martin

Last edited by kramrle on Fri 06. Nov 2015 1:09:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Nov 2015 21:48:18 

Kinda feel that my helis could be doing the same... never actually really checked how they move from inverted to normal in Rescue, but kinda sounds the tail moves... like it does flip and roll together or something like that...

PostPosted: Mon 02. Nov 2015 22:41:03 

Coco66 wrote:
Kinda feel that my helis could be doing the same... never actually really checked how they move from inverted to normal in Rescue, but kinda sounds the tail moves... like it does flip and roll together or something like that...

What's your tail gain set at during rescue?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 03. Nov 2015 9:19:05 

MyRCode wrote:
Coco66 wrote:

What's your tail gain set at during rescue?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Same as normal flight, maybe 1% difference since I use a mix to go negative.

I'll test next time that I fly. After sleeping on it, I really think (from my visual memory) that the heli mixes a flip and a roll to get back to skids down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next