It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:22:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 04. Nov 2015 1:00:19 

Coco66 wrote:
MyRCode wrote:
Coco66 wrote:
Kinda feel that my helis could be doing the same... never actually really checked how they move from inverted to normal in Rescue, but kinda sounds the tail moves... like it does flip and roll together or something like that...

What's your tail gain set at during rescue?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Same as normal flight, maybe 1% difference since I use a mix to go negative.

I'll test next time that I fly. After sleeping on it, I really think (from my visual memory) that the heli mixes a flip and a roll to get back to skids down.

I just flew 5 packs at lunch. I did a few inverted rescues to see if there is a tail kick and mine kicks about 15* on the flip. I have my tail gain at rescue set to the same as what I have flying around, but I don't think I'm good enough to get the tail to blow out.

It might also be that I usually fly at a lower headspeed and the tail may not be holding well with a fast flip. I have it set to increase the throttle to 100% but I don't think it responds fast enough before the flip.

PostPosted: Sun 08. Nov 2015 21:04:28 

kramrle wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you for explanation.

90° deg rotation is unwanted and it shouldn't happen normally.
This issue can happen if your Gyro Gain is not same as for normal flight.

Can you verify, that after rescue activation you can see that the Gyro Gain is approx. same in the Diagnostic tab?

Hi Zexx86,
I had a check on it today. The gain is in normal and rescue the same -> 95%
I was running a Mbeast Pro V4 before on the same heli, where I had no "tail issues" with rescue flips,
although is was running a 200rpm lower headspeed at that time.
To me it looks like a consitent flip and yaw.

I've reduced cyclic ring by 10 now to reduce flip rate (hopefully) to see if it has an effect and I'll check it with a different starting orientation to see if we end up same 90° yaw. I'll give it another go next weekend. Keep you posted.

Edit: Just came a utube vido which shows what i mean at approx. 1:00 Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVifaQV-CGY

Greetings Martin

Hello ZeXx86,
I had yesterday tried the inverted recovery again as described above. I took a video of the rescue to see what the heli does.
See youtube video link. [youtube][https://youtu.be/011EKWe0puU]

As can be seen from the video, the tail does not move as such. The flip seems to be more a combined flip on the roll and pitch axis, which results in the tail
being positioned perpendicular to the starting postition after the maneuver.

Is this way of flipping intended as others seem to experience the flips differently?

Cheers Martin

PostPosted: Sun 08. Nov 2015 21:22:58 

I thought mine also looked like a combination of flip and roll.

Tested yesterday on two helis, in both cases it was a plain flip.

Maybe it does it differently every time depending on... some conditions?

PostPosted: Sun 08. Nov 2015 23:01:56 
Site Admin

It always depend on ability of the helicopter to maintain correct inclination. Activating rescue can be very demanding for some helicopters especially with lower RPM.
So if rudder does not hold at the same position, then it can be fixed by improving rudder efficiency and/or configuration.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Nov 2015 21:05:33 

ZeXx86 wrote:
It always depend on ability of the helicopter to maintain correct inclination. Activating rescue can be very demanding for some helicopters especially with lower RPM.
So if rudder does not hold at the same position, then it can be fixed by improving rudder efficiency and/or configuration.

Hi ZeXX86,
your comment is basically closing the loop for the tunable flip rate which was requested by some of the forum members in this thread. ;)
Such a feature would likely reduce the demand on the heli system. :)
Greetings Martin

PostPosted: Mon 09. Nov 2015 22:13:13 

kramrle wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

Hi ZeXX86,
your comment is basically closing the loop for the tunable flip rate which was requested by some of the forum members in this thread. ;)
Such a feature would likely reduce the demand on the heli system. :)
Greetings Martin

But the feature did not come with 1.3.2 so I think we will not get it.

That's a pity.

To make sure you don't have a boom strike during Rescue you will have to limit your cyclic gain which you use all the time in flight!!

PostPosted: Mon 09. Nov 2015 22:22:56 
Site Admin

If you dont want to get boom strike, then you have to configure Cyclic Ring for safe (recommended) value for your helicopter.
It does not matter if you are using rescue or you are flying. Boom strike can happen in both cases if the parameter is too high.

PostPosted: Tue 10. Nov 2015 2:12:27 

Is it too complicated to vary the flip rate? Or will it come in next update? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 10. Nov 2015 9:13:25 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Boom strike can happen in both cases if the parameter is too high.

Not with my poor flying skills :D

PostPosted: Tue 10. Nov 2015 10:54:47 

This parameter is useles, you just need to configure cyclic ring properly

Tapatalked :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next