It is currently Wed 15. May 2024 19:47:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: failsafe spirit gt
PostPosted: Wed 08. May 2024 18:40:20 

I'm setting up the fail safe on spirit gt with geolink v2.
On channel 9 at 37% I activated the return to home (geolink v2)
but if i set failsafe (on my tx16s failsafe-custom) channel 9 37% if I turn off the radio and I leave spirit gt connected to the spirit software it does not activate return to home.
I want to return home if I lose radio signal.
PS
I'm using failsafe radio because after when I turn on the radio I take the commands again.
I can't use failsafe receiving because it returns the commands to you only if you turn it off and on the bec
frsky x8r with s-bus
I didn't use failsafe spirit software because I want to activate return home and after if the signal returns I want to take the controls again and I don't know if this is the behavior.
it's possible activate return to home what if I lose the signal?

Post subject: Re: failsafe spirit gt
PostPosted: Wed 08. May 2024 22:57:17 

Hello,
in my opinion is that a really risky try to get return to home by switching off the transmitter -
I maybe have an idea but I will not say something about that because I don't want to support something like that it can end very badly - I can only advise to refrain from such an attempt and always fly by sight, as the flight rules prescribe - if something happens, no insurance in the world will cover it -
Then it would probably be better to buy a ready-made drone, if that is still possible with return to home at the moment, and to avoid flying helicopters -

Regards

PostPosted: Thu 09. May 2024 6:39:33 

Yes, it's true.
you're right I agree with you.
I would like to never use it Not even once.
But on the internet I read some people with frsky x8r they went into binding for no reason (I think a bug instead of a reason of distance)
Obviously I turn off the radio just to simulate signal loss.
But I think with s.bus I can only use failsafe from spirit software.
But I have to be sure that if I regain control I can control the helicopter again without turning it off and on.
For the field I created a flying field just for me
in theory spirit gt with geolink v2 It has all the possible options to do this thing.
If the receiver goes into binding I would have created a separate option where the signal is lost the model returns home and then lands alone, (in the meantime if the signal returns I can take the controls again)
But for the moment is ok even if it returns to the point where the helicopter is takes off (return to home with on4) and I put the engine fixed to a percentage why my objective and turn the helicopter back and replace the antennas in position that picks up the signal.
A lot in my opinion it could happen during a loop or some stunt 3d hard .
I tried to rotate the helicopter on the various axes he's a friend saw the rssi value and it seems that the rssi is always ok.
You just need to always have a clear view and have no obstacles between radio and receiver.
Until now with spektrum,jeti,ecc I've never worried about this.
This is my radio multiprotocol and it's nice to have a radio which controls all my models.
I hope with tomas tell me if it is possible activate return to home (on4) if the receiver goes into binding (as the model comes towards me I wait that the signal returns and I can take the controls again).
is this possible?

PostPosted: Thu 09. May 2024 7:35:51 

Hello,
if a receiver will get into binding mode you will never get control again, then the model is lost - therefore the failsafe mode must secure, that means all sticks in center and motor cut off - that's the only right way to do it in my opinion -
If I were a FBL manufacturer, I would avoid such supposedly helpful options because the manufacturer would certainly face some kind of recourse if something bad happens - I can only warn against that -

PostPosted: Thu 09. May 2024 8:12:53 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,
if a receiver will get into binding mode you will never get control again, then the model is lost - therefore the failsafe mode must secure, that means all sticks in center and motor cut off - that's the only right way to do it in my opinion -
If I were a FBL manufacturer, I would avoid such supposedly helpful options because the manufacturer would certainly face some kind of recourse if something bad happens - I can only warn against that -

yes you are right.
Listen if I can do it I do as I said.
Otherwise normal failsafe use (Servos centered and engine off).
But if I can activate the return home I'd like to try.
I set at a safe height and if it works the helicopter will return to the take-off point.
Since the return home it does not control the engine I am forced set engine to a percentage.
so it means that the engine starts and it's dangerous. (if we create a function specifically it's easy to solve, the engine only activates if the height is high. at 0meters is deactivated)
I am aware of the risks.
But it would also be nice save the model if it goes into failsafe especially if he returns home and lands alone (but maybe this in the future for now just return to home and meanwhile the commands return).
Obviously the tests I'm doing them with the 3 motor wires disconnected and without blades.
there are pro and avverse,
that says zexx86 is it possible or not?

PostPosted: Thu 09. May 2024 8:40:53 

Hello
as i answered in the other thread with the same topic: check your legal situation. in many European country it is strictly forbidden to let a model helicopter fly autonomously. i do not want a real rc heli fly without any human control towards a flying fields landing zone and no-one will be able to control where it goes.... and no one will shut the motor off. if it flies into people or property you will be held responsible - for the damage and if you are unlucky for the autonomous flying too.... :(

PostPosted: Thu 09. May 2024 9:59:15 

I think at this point it really doesn't make sense to write anything more here, franz88 apparently doesn't want to understand our hints/statements -

PostPosted: Thu 09. May 2024 10:32:18 

Yes ok I understand if go on failsafe crash model.
Anyway failsafe the radio doesn't work for me.
I have to use fail safe from spirit software.

PostPosted: Sun 12. May 2024 8:09:14 

franz88 wrote:
But on the internet I read some people with frsky x8r they went into binding for no reason (I think a bug instead of a reason of distance)

A loss of control of a model is considered as an incident which needs to be reported with authorities over here in NL. This is really serious, specially on a heli spinning carbon blades ! I wouldn't even consider using if I read such RX knowing theres a "Bug", although I have had many x8r's on my older fleet with zero issues, they were very reliable Rx's

This needs to be sorted out first than anything else. Invest on one reliable system from Tx to Rx. Safety of my surroundings is more important than the model itself.

PostPosted: Sun 12. May 2024 10:22:13 

franz88 wrote:
Yes ok I understand if go on failsafe crash model.
Anyway failsafe the radio doesn't work for me.
I have to use fail safe from spirit software.

Hello franz
What you will do after the model has returned?
You still have no control, the helicopter is above you and the engine is running and running and running...