It is currently Tue 30. Apr 2024 0:12:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 30. Mar 2024 23:00:35 

The I-Shunt calculation for the OMP M4 and Spirit GT doesn't seem to work on my new OMP M4 but it did on my previous M4. Can anyone help. Situation as follows:

My first OMP M4 and Spirit GT combination purchase - the I-Shunt adjustments entered into the Spirit GT seemd to work fine and after 10 flights was ablke to get it near perfect (out of the box it was already within 5% anyway), however,

On my next OMP M4 and Spirit GT purchase the out of the box readings from the ESC were way off (actual charge in was always only 71% of charge reportedly used during flight). After 14 flights the value I enter inter the Spirit GT I-Shunt field makes no difference at all and the actual charge in was always only 71% of charge reportedly used during flight

Can anyone suggest anything?

PostPosted: Sun 31. Mar 2024 21:10:03 

I apologize for not having a suggestion to your issue, but perhaps you can help me with an OMP NOOB question. I have a Spirit GT on an OMP M4 using a Spektrum SRXL2 4651T Rx. Where does the yellow (RPM signal) wire from the OMP ESC plug into the Spirit GT FBL? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon 01. Apr 2024 8:09:42 

Crackers wrote:
I apologize for not having a suggestion to your issue, but perhaps you can help me with an OMP NOOB question. I have a Spirit GT on an OMP M4 using a Spektrum SRXL2 4651T Rx. Where does the yellow (RPM signal) wire from the OMP ESC plug into the Spirit GT FBL? Thanks

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... =Main_Page -> FAQ -> ESC telemetry guide -> OMP M4 Telemetry

PostPosted: Mon 01. Apr 2024 15:33:16 

Many thanks for the link, Thomas. I will obtain a Telem UNI cable and follow the Wiki for OMP telemetry.

The Wiki does not state what to do with the 4th yellow wire from the OMP ESC. Is the yellow wire simply left unplugged and tucked out of the way?

Thank you, again.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2024 7:45:07 
Site Admin

If not using Spirit Governor you can leave it disconnected (but secured in some way).