It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 17:53:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 25. Sep 2023 4:43:47 

Hi Thomas, thanks for your feedback.

Most important is the answer to item #1. This isn't clear in the online manual, I'll go forward on this basis. If you would be prepared to continue a dialogue, I'd appreciate a summary of the switching arrangement you use to control the features. I'm native English speaking but German is also good for me but needs more thought.

I'll look into the 'General' Tab for your advice on #2.

For #3, it seems simple to deduce the physical intervention, however, it should be clearly stated in the online manual that this intervention is required. Instructions should be clearly defined otherwise damage/injury can occur in certain circumstances.

PostPosted: Fri 29. Sep 2023 8:47:52 

Heliman550 wrote:
If you would be prepared to continue a dialogue, I'd appreciate a summary of the switching arrangement you use to control the features.

I'm not sure if this really helps you. My setup: Spirit GT with Geolink and Jeti transmitter. I only use the rescue, automatic rescue and positionhold functions.
Most of it depends on the settings on your transmitter.

PostPosted: Fri 29. Sep 2023 9:39:30 

Hi Thomas,

All feedback helps, even to aid my own thinking process. Thanks for coming back.

I use a Jeti DC-14 now upgraded to 14 channels. My gyros are SpiritPro, the oldest is now about 10 years.

Following your answer to #1, I have achieved functionality for three features that I consider most beneficial to me. I have used separate channels for each and not tried to use 'Stabi' at all.

As a helicopter enthusiast, I haven't had any need for using many of the features of the DC-14 until buying my v1 and v2 GeoLinks. Jeti referred me to a 'YouTube' video and the creator has a wide range of other extremely useful videos. I have subscribed to his series and am working through the process of expending my knowledge before carrying out any customisation of the transmitter. I am also prepared to buy a new transmitter but want to justify it in my own mind before entering into a big investment.

Bye for now.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Oct 2023 12:16:17 

Hi again,

I still haven't achieved a test flight of my T-Rex 550E to test my GeoLink configuration. I have three functions programmed and tested without flight, all activate as expected using separate channels. I have referred constantly to the online manual and for my own understanding created re-writes as needed.

My flying club's helipad is quite remote and makes programming the Geo-fence difficult using a laptop/map, therefore, I have carried out the ground-level programming of the Geo-fence area successfully using the transmitter. My procedure is as follows:

1. Place the model at its intended take-off point within the defined Geo-fence area with 'Stabi' (Coaxial) activated in the SpiritPro gyro
2. Power-up the model with Return to Home in the 'Active Programming' position
3. After initialisation and steady blue LED in the GeoLink module - Deactivate Return to Home (No active functions)
4. Activate the Geo-fence area - At this point the swashplate tips 100% to the right and is repeated regardless of the model's position within the defined area

I would appreciate any feedback to correct this unwanted movement.