It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 8:58:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: sprit 2 crash logs
PostPosted: Sun 19. Jul 2020 21:46:21 

Hi, My goblin nitro plowed itself into the ground today tail first (very messy), i couldnt plug into the spirit at the field to view the log unfortunatly. I have plugged into my desktop computer and the spirit software told me it was unable to open the last flight log. After reading the manual it seems clear the crash log was stored in the unit but i cant get to it, is there any way i can view this log?
The spirit unit also keeps disconnecting itself from the software when its plugged into my computer, could the crash have damaged my unit, are there any tests i can perform to check this.

Many Thanks
Jay

Post subject: Re: sprit 2 crash logs
PostPosted: Mon 20. Jul 2020 0:00:42 

Usually it will only store a log if something notable happened, otherwise if you power off it wipes it. For example if it went to failsafe/lost receiver signal, or some internal error happened, you would be able to get a log from the last flight even after powering down.

If there is no log available then it was probably something else that caused the crash- power connection or mechanical failure.

Did you lose control and it went down? Or did it just go down suddenly? Are all servos working? What receiver are you using? Is it possible something mechanical failed?

As for the disconnecting thing, one of mine some times does that, try a different USB dongle if you have one.

PostPosted: Mon 20. Jul 2020 21:13:06 

When I opened the log in the software after the crash it said it was unable to open the last log, so I presumed it had recorded it but the file was corrupted or something.
The Heli was coming out of a loop and just went straight into the ground tail first, honestly the speed and force it went in I don't even know how it could do that, it wasn't a dumb thumb, I fly with 2 competition pilots and they both agreed it was very unusual bthe way it went in, the fail safe is set so all control surfaces are neutral and the motor is idleing.
Its a nitro and I don't use a reg just plug a 2s lipo straight into the fbl is it possible a voltage spike could have caused this? All servos work fine (had servo savers fitted).

Cheers
Jay

PostPosted: Tue 21. Jul 2020 7:10:39 

Did the rx pack survive? I have been running 2s direct on my nitros for years without issue so doubt it was anything to do with that unless you had a cell go bad in flight. Also If the unit keeps disconnecting and that was not previously an issue I would probably send it to Tomas.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Jul 2020 8:58:38 
Site Admin

Hello,

usually we have basicaly no report of a crash where unit was damaged.
But there are tests you can perform.

First check if everything is working well - including compensations.
If response is good, then please open the Spectrum Analysis in the Diagnostic tab.
Then observe all 3 axes in the plot, when model is completely without a movement and motor is Off, you should see nothing in the plot.
Vibration level should be 0%.

If this is OK, then the unit is very likely good. But if you are still unsure, we can perform testing for you for free.

Do you remember how you were flying just before the problem happened?
Was there some more demanding maneuver?

With combustion models it is important to secure all the cables as there is a higher chance for failures. Could you describe your setup please?

Also I recommend to perform BEC tester to verify it will pass the test.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Jul 2020 22:47:11 

Thankyou for your reply I will try your recommendations in due course.
All the cables are securely cable tied down and the servo connections are hot glued onto the spirit unit. From what I remember I was coming out of a piro flip tail down ready for a loop out. Setup wise its

Goblin black thunder
O.s 105
GDW servos
Spirit 2 fbl
2 dsmx sats positioned so there is a permanent line of sight.
2200 mah 2s lipo (directly connected to fbl)
Dx7 tx

I'm coming round to the idea that my tx has a problem and I lost connection to the spirit momentarily.

Thanks
Jay