It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 14:36:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 11. Jul 2020 17:13:47 

Hello
I have a problem with the initial setting of a YGE 120LV V3 controller.
Configuration :
Spirit Pro v 3.1.0
Spektrum DX9 tx
2 Spektrum sat, DSMX, 11ms, connected to primary and secondary satellite port
ESC YGE 120LV V3
Master BEC ESC cable connected to AUX1 port
Slave BEC ESC cable connected to AUX2 port with RPM (orange) cable connected to PIT pin of ELE/PIT/AIL port
Spirit Pro is set as stated by Spirit YGE ESC documentation : throttle frequency : 120Hz, throttle range min : 1100ms, throttle range max : 1900ms.
Esc is set as stated by Spirit YGE ESC documentation : startup speed/heli middle/Enter, gov off/3xEnter, startup speed/plane middle/Enter.
Bind procedure completed
Servos are working properly
In the Spirit Software, I can see the throttle travel moving in accordance with tx throttle stick, from 0% to 100%.
Throttle curve is set from 0% to 100% for initial setting.

Problem :
When I connect the battery to the esc, I heard 20 beeps, with 2 confirmation beeps, that means setup menu.
I can't get out of this step. Moving throttle stick at min or max position don't change anything.
Connecting the esc with throttle stick at min or max position don't change anything.

In order to solve the problem, I have tried a minimal configuration, so the ESC is set to "gov off" and start speed "heli middle" with prog card, the master BEC ESC cable is connect to Aux1, "gov inactive" is set in Spirit Pro software.
I have tried many many things : extend min/max throttle range in Spirit Software, extend min/max throttle servo range in tx, configuration min/max endpoint with sticks, configuration min/max endpoint with prog card, change sat mode (DSM2, DSMX) and speed (11ms, 22ms), power on Spirit Pro before power on ESC, configuration governor off and governor active, etc...
Finally, I have tried exactly the same minimal configuration (tx, sat, esc, esc configuration/gov off, motor) with another fbl brand, and the esc works properly.

So, something seems wrong with throttle range but I don't know how to solve the problem.
Many thanks for your help
Jean-Michel
France

Last edited by jmb74 on Sun 12. Jul 2020 18:43:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 11. Jul 2020 22:23:57 

If you can verify the throttle movement on the diagnostic screen is working from -100 to 100 in correct direction then output should work.

If I understand correctly the internal governor of the Spirit will not kick in until throttle is over 49% so even if it is enabled you should not see this issue.

Can you connect the ESC directly to receiver and validate proper operation?

PostPosted: Sun 12. Jul 2020 13:30:25 
Site Admin

It should be enough to set Throttle Range - Min. parameter. Try to set 1100us which is default.
If it will not help then please decrease the value, likely not less than 1000us.

PostPosted: Sun 12. Jul 2020 19:01:54 

Hello
Thank you very much for your help and very fast replies.
After checking all parameters, I found an error. It was my mistake.
Before the YGE controller, I have tried a Castle Creations Talon controller, and enable "Castle Creations Phoenix & Talon" in Advanced\Telemetry Setting.
I forgot to disable telemetry when I replaced the controller.
So, probably, the fbl module sent wrong information on throttle channel output.
After disabling telemetry, everthing works properly.
Best regards
Jean-Michel

PostPosted: Mon 13. Jul 2020 8:26:45 
Site Admin

You are welcome.

Yes, you are right. When this option is enabled then a special signal is sent and is supported only by CC ESC.