It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 15:21:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 10. Jul 2020 6:50:43 

alex4orly wrote:

So, let me see if i understand all this
1) I set swith A as normal flight in the down position and PANIC mode in the up position. I assigned the switch to AUX2 which is channel 8. How will Spirit know that up is PANIC and not down?
2) In addition and unrelated to the above, to set Coaxial mode is by setting a BANK 0, is that all, no need to flick any switch. I have already a switch G, 3 positions for normal, TU1, TU2 can I use that as BANK 0? how?

Thanks again

one step after the other :) let's first bring the Stabi/Recue to work... then we'll handle with the banks and what they will do for you!

your question 1) in step 2 of initial explanation you will find the answer: assign the channel and IMMEDIATELY TEST IT... maybe you will have to reverse the channel in your transmitter that it works the correct way (switch up/down). that's the trick. then finish step 3 of initial explanation.

your question 2) as said - let's finish the first part, then the banks. but yes - this switch can be used. is this switch assigned to a channel #? if yes => in Spirit Setting Tool: General/Channels => tell Spirit the channel the switch is assigned to. check immediately, maybe you have to reverse to have down/middle/up to be your banks as configured. but i guess you'll need Coaxial mode first to train, maybe Rescue will come later?

PostPosted: Sun 12. Jul 2020 13:56:32 

HeliMLM wrote:
alex4orly wrote:

So, let me see if i understand all this
1) I set swith A as normal flight in the down position and PANIC mode in the up position. I assigned the switch to AUX2 which is channel 8. How will Spirit know that up is PANIC and not down?
2) In addition and unrelated to the above, to set Coaxial mode is by setting a BANK 0, is that all, no need to flick any switch. I have already a switch G, 3 positions for normal, TU1, TU2 can I use that as BANK 0? how?

Thanks again

one step after the other :) let's first bring the Stabi/Recue to work... then we'll handle with the banks and what they will do for you!

your question 1) in step 2 of initial explanation you will find the answer: assign the channel and IMMEDIATELY TEST IT... maybe you will have to reverse the channel in your transmitter that it works the correct way (switch up/down). that's the trick. then finish step 3 of initial explanation.

your question 2) as said - let's finish the first part, then the banks. but yes - this switch can be used. is this switch assigned to a channel #? if yes => in Spirit Setting Tool: General/Channels => tell Spirit the channel the switch is assigned to. check immediately, maybe you have to reverse to have down/middle/up to be your banks as configured. but i guess you'll need Coaxial mode first to train, maybe Rescue will come later?

Hello again
All that I want at this point is have coaxial setup, but very unclear on how to set it.
The section in the manual about it is very short. Obviously, there are not too many beginners like me here

Hope to hear from you

Thanks
Alex

PostPosted: Mon 13. Jul 2020 6:36:43 

... just follow the initial 3 step checklist i posted here... :)

PostPosted: Mon 13. Jul 2020 8:24:26 

HeliMLM wrote:
... just follow the initial 3 step checklist i posted here... :)

OK Michael, here is what I did:

1) On my Tx I set AUX3 to Switch A and assigned to it CH8 in my channel assignment. It is OFF in the down position and ON when I flick it up.
2) In Spirit, I elected "Coaxial" in the Stabi Tab - see image
3) Followed and checked the action OFF / ON - see images

Does this all LOOK OK to you? If so, it means that when Switch A is down - I fly by myself( IF I can) or up - Coaxial.

Now, to another question which is critical to my setup. I DO NOT manage to get to 6 degrees in Step 8 of the wizard. The closest I can get is 8 degrees, when the box gets to 64 and DOES NOT go any further, why?

Does it mean that my swashplate / pitch center is too high on the shaft, or what?

Thanks again
Alex

Attachment:
coaxial.jpg
coaxial.jpg [ 178.51 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

Attachment:
stabi_off.jpg
stabi_off.jpg [ 147.99 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

Attachment:
stabi_on.jpg
stabi_on.jpg [ 166.89 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 13. Jul 2020 10:01:30 

after a (quick) look it seems fine to me... should work :)

regarding your geometry.... if i remember correctly it is a Align 600 DFC you are using? what is the length of servo horn you are using? i do remember well, when converting my 550DFC to vbar, i had to use shorter horns... or else geometry would never be near the "green" zone... maybe it is the same here? stock Align horns are somewhat on the longer side if i am not completely wrong?

PostPosted: Tue 14. Jul 2020 4:59:11 

HeliMLM wrote:
after a (quick) look it seems fine to me... should work :)

regarding your geometry.... if i remember correctly it is a Align 600 DFC you are using? what is the length of servo horn you are using? i do remember well, when converting my 550DFC to vbar, i had to use shorter horns... or else geometry would never be near the "green" zone... maybe it is the same here? stock Align horns are somewhat on the longer side if i am not completely wrong?

Yes, it is a 600 ESP that Converted to DFC head from Gratt... It seems this is where the problem is. The swashplate that came with it is very inaccurate fit.

The fact that in step 8 I can get down only as far as 64, is this the case, or is there a problem in my setup?

I ordered a new Align swashplate, it is stuck somewhere between CA USA and Melbourne Australia. Where are you located?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue 14. Jul 2020 6:50:10 

Hi,

pls measure the length of the servo horns... this could help to have an idea. iirc the lenght for the Align 600 FB head was ~21mm and it was ~18mm for FBL head... so your 600 DFC should be fine with horns around 17-18mm if the swash is standard (or at least using standard geometry). i remember that the DFC swash was even a little sharper on mine.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Jul 2020 7:51:08 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi,

pls measure the length of the servo horns... this could help to have an idea. iirc the lenght for the Align 600 FB head was ~21mm and it was ~18mm for FBL head... so your 600 DFC should be fine with horns around 17-18mm if the swash is standard (or at least using standard geometry). i remember that the DFC swash was even a little sharper on mine.

Hi Michael,

Went to measure it now. Both Ailerone and pitch are:
30 mm between the plastic links
60mm from center bolt to center bolt

Is that 64 a restriction in Spirit?

The DFC head is from Gartt, can't get now an Align head

So, what do you make of that? Do you by any chance use Whatsapp?

Thanks again

PostPosted: Tue 14. Jul 2020 9:52:21 

Hi,

not the links - the servo horns :) they are possibly the problem!

PostPosted: Tue 14. Jul 2020 10:10:24 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi,

not the links - the servo horns :) they are possibly the problem!

Do you mean this?

Attachment:
control.jpg
control.jpg [ 206.54 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]

These are the original Align servo links

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next