It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 10:06:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 08. Jul 2020 0:01:28 

xoexoe wrote:
Stabi is a special Spirit phrase that is short for stabilization. The Stabi feature of Spirit can do one of two things: it can either cause the heli to fly in a drone-like manner so that if you release the sticks the heli will become horizontal/level, or it can cause the heli to go into Rescue, meaning it applies positive pitch so you don’t crash.

If your tail is compensating when you yaw the heli, then you’re already in HH mode. (Can someone back me up on this?) To enable rate mode, you give the Spirit unit negative gyro command from your transmitter. However, that negative gyro command won’t enable rate mode if you have already enabled Stabi.

I like the sound of the Stabi (Yes, I understood it is short for stabilization) - How do I set it? I get lost in the manual itself...
I know how to set Gyrro to negative on my Tx from before my FBL attempt to convert

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed 08. Jul 2020 7:11:34 

Hi,

the setting of either stabilisation or rescue is done in 3 steps:

1. on your transmitter (there i cant help you unfortunately): assign a switch you like to use for activation of stabi to the next free channel (let's take channel #9 just as an example). for stabilisation you may want to use a normal switch as you switch it to "On" for a longer time. if you prefer using rescue: a button or sprung-loaded switch maybe your choice as you have to hold it in "On" position until rescue is finished and you have to release it to be ready for next rescue.

2. now Spirit needs to know that signal coming on channel #9 is to be used for "Stabi Function": in Spirit settings app, on page "General" go to "Channels"... in the right half of the window you can assign "functions". here you can add "F: Stabi Function" and set the channel to #9 (in our example). once you have done this, test it immediately... check the result showed on the screen (result on heli after step 3) - it must work correctly, maybe you have to reverse the channel in your transmitter.

3. final step - Spirit needs to know *what* to do when Stabi function is activated. go to "Stabi" page in Spirit settings app and select either "Stabilisation (Normal)" or "Rescue (Normal)".... and you're done. just start with default settings... maybe you will like to tune a little, but later.

now go to "Diagnostic" page in Spirit Settings app... check everything is working as expected... it should ;)

nb: just to be sure the modes are clear :) stabilisation: switched On: the heli will level by itself whenever you let the sticks go, pitch is always under your control. rescue: no matter what position (inverted/normal) the heli could have... it will level in normal position and climb some meters by itself... then you can continue to have full control after rescue is finished (takes just some 2-3 seconds). if you want to stop rescue before it is finished you have to release the button/switch on your Tx... otherwise it should stay activated until rescue has finished (and must be switched off after rescue to be ready for next rescue, therefore button/sprung loaded is making sense for me)

PostPosted: Wed 08. Jul 2020 8:56:17 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi,

1. on your transmitter (there i cant help you unfortunately): assign a switch you like to use for activation of stabi to the next free channel (let's take channel #9 just as an example). for stabilisation you may want to use a normal switch as you switch it to "On" for a longer time. if you prefer using rescue: a button or sprung-loaded switch maybe your choice as you have to hold it in "On" position until rescue is finished and you have to release it to be ready for next rescue.

2. now Spirit needs to know that signal coming on channel #9 is to be used for "Stabi Function": in Spirit settings app, on page "General" go to "Channels"... in the right half of the window you can assign "functions". here you can add "F: Stabi Function" and set the channel to #9 (in our example). once you have done this, test it immediately... check the result showed on the screen (result on heli after step 3) - it must work correctly, maybe you have to reverse the channel in your transmitter.

3. final step - Spirit needs to know *what* to do when Stabi function is activated. go to "Stabi" page in Spirit settings app and select either "Stabilisation (Normal)" or "Rescue (Normal)".... and you're done. just start with default settings... maybe you will like to tune a little, but later.

now go to "Diagnostic" page in Spirit Settings app... check everything is working as expected... it should ;)

nb: just to be sure the modes are clear :) stabilisation: switched On: the heli will level by itself whenever you let the sticks go, pitch is always under your control. rescue: no matter what position (inverted/normal) the heli could have... it will level in normal position and climb some meters by itself... then you can continue to have full control after rescue is finished (takes just some 2-3 seconds). if you want to stop rescue before it is finished you have to release the button/switch on your Tx... otherwise it should stay activated until rescue has finished (and must be switched off after rescue to be ready for next rescue, therefore button/sprung loaded is making sense for me)

Very good job, step-by-step ,well done
Thanks for taking the time

Cheers
Alex

PostPosted: Thu 09. Jul 2020 8:53:02 

Attachment:
srxl2_wiring.jpg
srxl2_wiring.jpg [ 171.92 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]
HeliMLM wrote:
Hi,

1) I decided to use switch A (2 positions switch) on my Spektrum DX9 Black Tx, in position DOWN, it is just normal flight, in the UP position it is PANIC mode. This Tx has 9 channels. I wanted to use AUX2 but it doesn't let me link this to Switch A, or is that not what you mean? The only push button this Tx has is the BIND button and I don't want to use this.
2) So, becasue of the above, I can't go to step 2 as per your description. On the Spirit itself - the only channel not used is CH-0, all the rest have some wires plugged into them

I am using a sattelite receiver only - spektrum SPM4651t , it has no channels, just connectors to the Spirit as per the attached
Attachment:
srxl2_wiring.jpg
srxl2_wiring.jpg [ 171.92 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]
wiring pitcture.

So, what next?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu 09. Jul 2020 9:31:27 

Hi,

the first thing you have to resolve ist step 1... and i cannot help you with it as i do not have your transmitter. but i HAD a DX9 black some 2-3 yrs ago... and it worked for me. so it must be possible. maybe someone here can you guide through this - or else you may find help in Spektrum forums for sure. but anyhow i guess AUX2 is channel 7 and already in use for Gyro or whatsoever. you will have to try Aux3 (#8) or Aux4 (#9).

step 2: do NOT care about the servo connectors on the unit. you just say to the unit: if signal comes on channel #9 (our example) to activate Stabi mode... it will do so. it does not need any physical connector for that.

nb: a "channel" is only used for communication between transmitters, receivers and fbl units... and not linked to physical ports (anymore). as your SPM4651T... it will just forward all channels and their signal to the Spirit. and Spirit will read all channels w/ their signals and use them like you have configured them in "Channels".

PostPosted: Thu 09. Jul 2020 10:34:30 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi,

the first thing you have to resolve ist step 1... and i cannot help you with it as i do not have your transmitter. but i HAD a DX9 black some 2-3 yrs ago... and it worked for me. so it must be possible. maybe someone here can you guide through this - or else you may find help in Spektrum forums for sure. but anyhow i guess AUX2 is channel 7 and already in use for Gyro or whatsoever. you will have to try Aux3 (#8) or Aux4 (#9).

step 2: do NOT care about the servo connectors on the unit. you just say to the unit: if signal comes on channel #9 (our example) to activate Stabi mode... it will do so. it does not need any physical connector for that.

nb: a "channel" is only used for communication between transmitters, receivers and fbl units... and not linked to physical ports (anymore). as your SPM4651T... it will just forward all channels and their signal to the Spirit. and Spirit will read all channels w/ their signals and use them like you have configured them in "Channels".

OK, got it. AUX2 is actuallu used in Spirit, so I linked Switch A to AUX3, which is CH#8.
Now, I hope I can go to the next steps.

Will report tomorrow

Thanks again for your time and help

PostPosted: Thu 09. Jul 2020 15:11:20 

The bind button is very popular to use as rescue because it’s momentary. I think HorizonHobby uses it as rescue / Panic on their units. Your TX won’t bind if you push that button; it only acts as bind when you turn on the transmitter.

PostPosted: Thu 09. Jul 2020 21:38:15 

xoexoe wrote:
The bind button is very popular to use as rescue because it’s momentary. I think HorizonHobby uses it as rescue / Panic on their units. Your TX won’t bind if you push that button; it only acts as bind when you turn on the transmitter.

I start to think that there are two different things here:

1) A "Panic" case, that for it, maybe the bind button (if I can map it in the Tx)
2) A docile flight style for me to learn to hover, what Thomas described as "Coaxial" but I have no idea how to set it for this stage of my learning. Will be happy to get some directives.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu 09. Jul 2020 21:46:15 

Once you have the input channel defined as explained above you can now go to the Stabi tab and set how you want it to perform. If you want the coaxial feel then select that from the drop down and save the bank - probably bank0 as I assume you are not messing with banks at this point.

Note the rescue is just that - the heli will self right and apply thrust in an upward direction by setting the blades to the degree you specify in the Stabi tab.

Stabilization is something a bit different especially coaxial that allow movement etc but will return the heli to a hovering position when you let go of the stick....

You should now be able to

PostPosted: Fri 10. Jul 2020 5:19:57 

yufasa wrote:
Once you have the input channel defined as explained above you can now go to the Stabi tab and set how you want it to perform. If you want the coaxial feel then select that from the drop down and save the bank - probably bank0 as I assume you are not messing with banks at this point.

Note the rescue is just that - the heli will self right and apply thrust in an upward direction by setting the blades to the degree you specify in the Stabi tab.

Stabilization is something a bit different especially coaxial that allow movement etc but will return the heli to a hovering position when you let go of the stick....

You should now be able to

So, let me see if i understand all this
1) I set swith A as normal flight in the down position and PANIC mode in the up position. I assigned the switch to AUX2 which is channel 8. How will Spirit know that up is PANIC and not down?
2) In addition and unrelated to the above, to set Coaxial mode is by setting a BANK 0, is that all, no need to flick any switch. I have already a switch G, 3 positions for normal, TU1, TU2 can I use that as BANK 0? how?

Thanks again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next