It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 6:21:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 23. Jun 2020 11:46:53 

So I'm finally sitting down and converting all my helis over to the ix12 (it's been about a year since I haven't flown). In the process of getting everything setup on the ix12 and using 4649t receivers, along with updating all the spirit firmware including the boot loaders.

Over the several that's been converted, updated, setup, etc... I've only been able to successfully enter the text gen / sprint menu from the tx 2, maybe 3 times. All the other times, it just displays the original text gen menu text, line 1, line 2, etc.

Have already tried using only the 4649t and disconnecting any additional satellites, no change...

Esc telemetry is working and transmitting data, but nothing as far as the text gen menu working.

Both tx and all firmware have been updated to the latest versions.

Connection of the 4649t is correct in the ail pin of where it's supposed to be and doing the correct stick positioning as outlined in the manual.

Any idea as to why the integration menu can't be accessed?

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jun 2020 12:28:27 

I don’t have an IX12 but first I would check wiring - I assume you don’t have a motor running so noise should not be an issue but there can still be some issue with the wire if you are able to sometimes get the menu.

I use Graupner, OpenTx and Jeti and have no issue with integration working with 3.1.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jun 2020 12:32:36 

I had thought about this and confirmed continuity through the signal line to the 4649t, didn't bother with the power and ground because it powers up.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jun 2020 14:33:58 

Hi,

which firmware are you using on iX12 and 4649T?

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jun 2020 17:07:57 

Hello try to change the frame rate on the dx8 gen2 to 11 ms the text gen did not work but only at 22 ms it is strange but it is so.
I also have the Ix12 and the spm4649t, be careful of the text gen which is very badly implemented in the Ix12. in the Spirit manual what is written on the movements of the sticks to enter and exit the text gen does not apply to the Ix12, because it enters and you go out with the same stick movements and this is very dangerous. Thomas didn't answer me

My Heli crashed look here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4078 because I inadvertently changed the installation direction of the spirit from the text gen.plus without even saving a value, he stays in memory, so if you go out and don't save, he doesn't go back to the original value.
Watch out for the text gen. WORKS BAD

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jun 2020 19:30:12 

HeliMLM wrote:
Hi,

which firmware are you using on iX12 and 4649T?

Latest update on the ix12 and for the 4649t, I'm not sure because I don't have the usb cable for it to check.

But, I have been able to get the menu open a couple times.

PostPosted: Wed 24. Jun 2020 9:45:57 

Pino74 wrote:
Hello try to change the frame rate on the dx8 gen2 to 11 ms the text gen did not work but only at 22 ms it is strange but it is so.
I also have the Ix12 and the spm4649t, be careful of the text gen which is very badly implemented in the Ix12. in the Spirit manual what is written on the movements of the sticks to enter and exit the text gen does not apply to the Ix12, because it enters and you go out with the same stick movements and this is very dangerous. Thomas didn't answer me

My Heli crashed look here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4078 because I inadvertently changed the installation direction of the spirit from the text gen.plus without even saving a value, he stays in memory, so if you go out and don't save, he doesn't go back to the original value.
Watch out for the text gen. WORKS BAD

I went to test this today and change the frame rate in the tx from the 11ms to 22ms, but weird thing is that the menu was working properly. I didnt have much time to keep shutting down and back up again, but will test more tomorrow to see if it consistently works, or not. I'll pull another heli on the table in the morning that has only worked once to get the menu up and change it to 22ms and see if that helps.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jun 2020 9:17:22 

Just finished setting up my Forza 700 and once again, unable to access the Text Gen to show the Spirit menu.

Tried both 11ms and 22ms framerates and no change.

Frustrating that there seems to be this inconsistency with being able to access it :/

Gonna go through the ones already setup just to double check all the setting, values, etc before putting them in the air and see if I can access the menus again or not.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jun 2020 9:38:04 

I have the Ix12 and the spm4649t and the spirit pro. I have no problem accessing the text gen.
Just check that you have the latest firm on spirit , radio and the spm4649t.
try in the radio telemetry panel to remove the Text gen tab, then reinsert it again.
Also try in the telemetry setting menu to change the display mode from TELE at Auto and Units from Us to Metric

Also try in the telemetry tab to delete the FLIGHT DATA RESET item

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jun 2020 16:22:29 

... i've had no problem with integration before last update of iX12... this is where the problem started for me (beneath other things). the moment they wrote in the change log "TextGen telemetry screen display now correctly displays the characters" already alarmed me... knowing from the past: whenever they touch any working thing on iX12 (i am gone through all the 2.5yrs story) it is getting exciting. the problem was with 4649T and 4651T. sometimes flawless, sometimes only every 5th attempt, sometimes not chance.

for me it was "the straw that broke the camel's back" after >10yrs Spektrum... since 2-3 weeks on Jeti and finally happy. if i where you: claim for a solution in rcgroups iX12 thread. they always try to help (Andy & all the others of the Spektrum team). they will fix it or show the way to the solution... maybe it's a bug in iX12, maybe something has changed in definitions and Tomas has to adjust on Spirit side....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next