It is currently Wed 05. Jun 2024 2:30:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 16. May 2020 22:20:10 

I am trying to convert to SRXL2 on my Gaui X3. I am using the 4651T "full-range" sat and have it wired correctly. I'm using a Spirit Red unit that has been upgraded to 2.8 already. I can't get the dumb USB cable from either of two laptops to "see" the Spirit when I try to connect so that I can go through the setup process.

In frustration, I connected using my BT adaptor and the android app. I changed the connection there. Assigned throttle to Channel 1. Saved. Then entered binding mode on 4651T and bound to my DX9. All good. But when I power cycle the Spirit and DX9, the "bind" is lost.

If I can't get the Spirit to talk to my laptop via the USB, I can't re-flash the FM or run through the "Wizard".

I'm stuck and need guidance.

PostPosted: Sun 17. May 2020 11:58:53 
Site Admin

Hello,

please use manual in case of a troubles.
Here you can see how to install Spirit Settings on your computer and solution of a possible issues (troubleshooting section):

http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... er_Windows

Could you at least share some details of what you can see in the Spirit Settings software?
Then I can help you more.

PostPosted: Sun 17. May 2020 15:20:33 

Thank you for your post. The USB cable connection is resolved.

Turns out it was a faulty solder point on the cable to circuit board (probably from me pulling on it to often over the years). I should have looked more closely before posting. Works fine now that it's been re-soldered.

Still having issues though getting the 4651T to stay "bound" after power-cycling. I can get it bound, and FBL input works as expected. But after a power-cycle, the 4651T is flashing again.

You can see in this video clip the situation. I bind it directly via the button and powering up the 4651 without being connected to the FBL. The radio reports a bind and telemetry is enabled. Then when I power-cycle the unit, we are back to a loss of bind.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LNV6FA8cScWfUi1k8

Could this be a DX9 FW issue? I"m on 2.05 without Cross-fire. Should I downgrade to 2.03?

PostPosted: Sun 17. May 2020 20:29:58 

Bladecrasher wrote:
Thank you for your post. The USB cable connection is resolved.

Turns out it was a faulty solder point on the cable to circuit board (probably from me pulling on it to often over the years). I should have looked more closely before posting. Works fine now that it's been re-soldered.

Still having issues though getting the 4651T to stay "bound" after power-cycling. I can get it bound, and FBL input works as expected. But after a power-cycle, the 4651T is flashing again.

You can see in this video clip the situation. I bind it directly via the button and powering up the 4651 without being connected to the FBL. The radio reports a bind and telemetry is enabled. Then when I power-cycle the unit, we are back to a loss of bind.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LNV6FA8cScWfUi1k8

Could this be a DX9 FW issue? I"m on 2.05 without Cross-fire. Should I downgrade to 2.03?

Have you updated the Bootloader on the Spirit ?
6.1 SPM4649T always in binding mode

This issue can be sorted so that you will re-flash the unit's Bootloader to the latest version. All units that were shipped with firmware older than 2.4.3 will need this.

It can be done easily so that you will perform the flashing process again (with the latest 4df file), but before clicking the Flash button, press CTRL+B keys. Once pressed, you will see Status: Bootloader Overwrite message. Then click the Flash button. The flashing will take little bit longer than usually (done in two stages).

PostPosted: Sun 17. May 2020 22:22:28 

Thanks Cracked... That solved the issue with the 4649. To bad it didn't solve the issue with the 4651T.

Calling HH Monday since I think the thing is defective.

PostPosted: Fri 19. Jun 2020 7:40:34 

4651T is in permanent binding mode.
There is a short circuit on the PCB around the button.
It’s like holding down the push button all the time.
It should be eliminated and the system should work.